• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED

46 posts in this topic

Thanks. Weird book, not one I have ever seen before.

Good instincts, bro. You are becoming quite the stealth romance guy, I see! :headbang:

A very very tough book to find. Michelle Nolan includes it in her master romance list, and mentions it in a CGC column from 2008 about romance one-shots - "Love Done in One".

"One-shots were unusual in the romance field, but I identified 25 non-reprint romance one-shots. In other words, I'm not including things like I.W. reprints or rebound giants...Mike Ross's 3-D Romance #1 appeared early in 1954, to be followed at mid-year by one of the oddest titles in romance history: Sorority Secrets #1 from Toby."

Here's a link to the article. Going after all 25 of the one-shots is a great focused task for the genre.

Love Done in One

Sorry for the delayed replies. 95 degrees in Chicago today, so I had to go for a quick swim in Lake Michigan to cool off before the sun went down.

Such a treat to have the good Dr sharing some wonderful knowledge. Thank you so much for the info Andy :)

MISTER MYSTERY #10 VERY COOL BERNARD BAILEY COVER. NOT AN EASY BOOK TO FIND. METRO HAS THIS PEGGED AS A VF- 7.5, I'D SAY THAT IT'S CLOSER TO FN/VF, BUT IT LOOKS LIKE THERE ARE SOME PRESSABLE AREAS. A REALLY NICE COPY! $525

mister%20mystery%2010_zpsezxxftu6.jpgmister%20mystery%2010%20back_zpsy4y1iux5.jpgmister%20mystery%2010%20interior_zpsusnbilri.jpg

TESSIE #16 CLASSIC RISQUE COVER. APPARENT FINE 6.0/6.5ish. THIS BOOK HAS SOME COLOR TOUCH ON THE FRONT COVER THAT SLIGHTLY BLEEDS THROUGH. OVERALL, A GREAT LOOKING COPY WITH NICE PAGES OF AN IMPOSSIBLE BOOK $65 SOLD

tessie%2016_zpsntwohxuh.jpgtessie%2016%20back_zps9nee8sol.jpgtessie%2016%20inside_zpsmmel8iq7.jpgtessie%2016%20inside%202_zpsjuka05yb.jpg

BEWARE #14 VG/F AWESOME HEADLIGHTS COVER. GREAT INTERIOR PCH STORIES. RICH COLORS ON THE COVER. ABOUT AS NICE OF VG/F YOU'LL FIND. STRUCTURALLY SOLID, NICE PAGES. OVERALL JUST A GREAT LOOKING COPY OF A VERY TUFF BOOK. $300 SOLD

beware%2014_zpsvnpwfl1n.jpgBeware%2014%20back_zpscwbpmyxu.jpg

BEWARE #14 VG/F AWESOME HEADLIGHTS COVER. GREAT INTERIOR PCH STORIES. RICH COLORS ON THE COVER. ABOUT AS NICE OF VG/F YOU'LL FIND. STRUCTURALLY SOLID, NICE PAGES. OVERALL JUST A GREAT LOOKING COPY OF A VERY TUFF BOOK. $300

:takeit:

BEWARE #14 VG/F AWESOME HEADLIGHTS COVER. GREAT INTERIOR PCH STORIES. RICH COLORS ON THE COVER. ABOUT AS NICE OF VG/F YOU'LL FIND. STRUCTURALLY SOLID, NICE PAGES. OVERALL JUST A GREAT LOOKING COPY OF A VERY TUFF BOOK. $300

:takeit:

^^

That was a quick one. Thank you sir!

MARGE"S LITTLE LULU #33 RAW FN/VF. STRUCTURALLY VERY TIGHT. WOULD GRADE IT HIGHER IF NOT FOR THE TANNING ON THE INSIDE COVER. IN A SIMILAR VEIN TO RIFLEMAN #10, BETTY & ME #16, & ALF #48, AMONGST OTHERS, I WOULD CLASSIFY THIS BOOK AS A CLASSIC WTF COVER. $60 SOLD

little%20lulu%2033_zpsmjsriejq.jpglittle%20lulu%2033%20back_zpsuplyrlqh.jpglittle%20lulu%2033%20interior_zpsuu7qoozi.jpg

FIGHT AGAINST CRIME #18 CGC 7.0 OW/W BRUTAL POLICE BONDAGE TORTURE AND SKELETON COVER. IMPOSSIBLE BOOK TO FIND FROM A GORY PRE CODE SERIES. SINGLE 2ND HIGHEST ON THE CGC CENSUS BEHIND A SINGLE 7.5 $450SOLD

fig2.183a.jpgfig2.183b.jpg