• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Spider-Man 319 pg 5 - Todd McFarlane - CLOSED

40 posts in this topic

Pete, Deadpool Jr, Solar and Hal..thank you for all your comments and feedback..the current high bidder does have higher feed back so I am hoping the ones with lower feedback don't come back..

I really don't like the idea of having to make a video when sending via fed ex but seems I may resort to that if that in fact provides protection.

I am sending via fed ex express to make sure it gets there safely as possible.. I have never had problems dealing with anyone outside eBay but this first eBay selling transaction at a high number definitely has given me some jitters..

Fingers crossed...

Ricky

For what it's worth, it's never the low feedback people that give me a hard time. it's the high feedback guys that get a deal (a good hammer price on cheap stuff) and then complain that their $14 video game wasn't properly packaged, even though it arrived safe.

(knock on wood) I've had very little issues over the years with the people that are willing to lay down $100+ on anything on ebay.

At least the max eBay will charge you is $750, that's a plus. Take the necessary precautions and you should be ok. Can I please recommend and insist shipping that bad boy in Masonite/hardboard. That stuff is indestructible.

At least the max eBay will charge you is $750, that's a plus. Take the necessary precautions and you should be ok. Can I please recommend and insist shipping that bad boy in Masonite/hardboard. That stuff is indestructible.

You'd be surprised. Ive had a package arrive with it snapped like a twig!

Man. You'd have to absolutely abuse two pieces of Masonite taped together to snap em. I've never had any issues with the stuff.

Agreed.. I have never heard of Masonite breaking during shipping.. All dealers use it.. I personally have never had any problems.

Good luck! Happy with the price?

meh.. Not really.. 160+ watchers and only 3 people participated at the end. I think my own low feedback score prevented people bidding higher..

I probably should have listened to some boardies and should have just kept it for now.. Scorpion supposedly is going to be in Spider-Man Homecoming as the 2nd villain.. That would sucks balls if it were true!

Ricky

Good luck! Happy with the price?

meh.. Not really.. 160+ watchers and only 3 people participated at the end. I think my own low feedback score prevented people bidding higher..

I probably should have listened to some boardies and should have just kept it for now.. Scorpion supposedly is going to be in Spider-Man Homecoming as the 2nd villain.. That would sucks balls if it were true!

Ricky

Maybe I'm naive in mcfarlane pricing as I don't follow it closely, but it seemed like a reasonable end price to me especially given the venue and lower fees associated with it. What were your expectations?

Holding is always the best thing but we all know that is not always possible. Timing might have played against you in addition to your feedback rating (it would not stop me so I am not sure it scared anyone away with the ebay protection). Ending on a Week day is tough and competing with those spending money at SDCC might have knocked a bidder or two from consideration. Are there any comparable sales recently?

This page here from the same book sold at Mike Burkeys website for 8500.. It just had sold for 6500 at Feb HA auction.. I think my page is better.. But everyone has their opinion.. Also Mike is real good when it comes to trade so that 8500 could be part trade part cash...

http://romitaman.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=20195&ArtistId=1048&Details=0&From=Room

When I picked up this page last year I was runner up for a Spider-Man McFarlane page (not ASM) and it sold for 9k at comic link.. Since ASM pages are valued a bit more, that is why I had mine priced at 9500..

I think I have to agree with you that timing played against me in this.. Ending in a weekday with most people saving their dough for SDCC.. The low feedback doesn't bother you but a little surprised I didn't get too much last second action..

Ricky

One thing though. Do you know for sure that the Burkey page sold for 8500 cash? Was it just listed at 8,500?

It could have been a trade or he could have taken a lower cash offer.

Malvin

One thing though. Do you know for sure that the Burkey page sold for 8500 cash? Was it just listed at 8,500?

It could have been a trade or he could have taken a lower cash offer.

Malvin

No I agree Malvin.. As I mentioned in my post before this is that Mike is real good with taking trades plus cash.. The listing price was 8500 but part of that could have been easily trade + cash..

Ricky

I think you got a fair/meh price.

maybe nothing to be excited about. it could have varied a bit, esp with the day of week/seasonal timing as mentioned. or maybe yours wasn't as visible on ebay as it would be on a dealer site or auction house?

as we all know, you can't go comparing listed dealer prices or even finished Heritage auctions.

but that said, I'd say your page was in between the 2 recent pages Romitaman has had up. definitely better than the page listed for $5500, definitely worse than the one listed for $8500. unless you LOVE Scorpion & don't care much about the front of Spidey, in which case yours was better. :)

who knows, maybe that had something to do with it, the person with a wad of cash burning in their pocket for a McSpidey page had just blown their load on the $8500 page.

"You're not going to get anywhere trying to analyze a buyer that way. I've sold many, many items to every type of buyer and there's no real correlation between feedback number/time since join date and their respectability."

Right you are...and eBay's LUDICROUS policy of not being able to leave negative feedback for dead beat bidders doesn't help things either...

Man. You'd have to absolutely abuse two pieces of Masonite taped together to snap em. I've never had any issues with the stuff.

The person at the post office said "Looks like it mustve got caught in the conveyer belt." It was two pieces of Masonite with the top right half snapped! Came from Rich at the Artofcomics back in 2002 whom at the time couldn't believe it either. Thankfully it missed the art by centimeters.

Maybe I'm naive in mcfarlane pricing as I don't follow it closely, but it seemed like a reasonable end price to me especially given the venue and lower fees associated with it. What were your expectations?

Im thinking the same thing considering it's a primarily a Scorpion page. Good price in comparison to what's in the SOLD section on Heritage! (Where you would've taken a 20% hit.)

I think you got a fair/meh price.

maybe nothing to be excited about. it could have varied a bit, esp with the day of week/seasonal timing as mentioned. or maybe yours wasn't as visible on ebay as it would be on a dealer site or auction house?

as we all know, you can't go comparing listed dealer prices or even finished Heritage auctions.

but that said, I'd say your page was in between the 2 recent pages Romitaman has had up. definitely better than the page listed for $5500, definitely worse than the one listed for $8500. unless you LOVE Scorpion & don't care much about the front of Spidey, in which case yours was better. :)

who knows, maybe that had something to do with it, the person with a wad of cash burning in their pocket for a McSpidey page had just blown their load on the $8500 page.

I honestly thought my page was better then both the pages he currently has. Granted minimal front view of Spidey on mine but every part of the page is worth looking at. Way better content with Spidey and his webbing all over the page. The 8500 page on his site has one panel with minimal webbing and he's delivering a pizza? I think the true value of that page is the 6-6500 ish it sold for back in Feb

Based on everything I think you actually did pretty well. From my perspective:

- The Burkey “sale” of 8500 is likely misleading. Doesn’t mean it was an $8500 cash sale.

- Timing considerations

- I actually like the 8500 page better and if I were shopping for an ASM Spidey page I would put a slight premium on that one over yours (remember – my perspective).

- eBay doesn’t take the same bite from your sale as HA