• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Outrage!!! Cho leaves Wonder Woman

167 posts in this topic

Please - the censorship that Ruka showed is horrid and more of that entitled SJW 'Offended by absolutely everything' nonsense. The covers that Cho drew were equal to the interior art in terms of "graphic", and seriously - 'panties'? wtf do you think she wears under that amazon warrior skirt thingy? Nothing? Heaven forbid he draw something with the correct pose / perspective in terms of how cloth moves and would lift - while still covering her up.

And those of you asking "who made the decision" - Cho says he walked after Ruka repeatedly complained his art was too sexual.

File this under : entitlement

Is it just me or does Wonder Woman's body look pretty manly like, especially in terms of her legs on the first 2 issues which appears to be very Conan like? (shrug)

That's because if she were real - she would have a figure similar to that of female body builders...

Is it just me or does Wonder Woman's body look pretty manly like, especially in terms of her legs on the first 2 issues which appears to be very Conan like? (shrug)

That's because if she were real - she would have a figure similar to that of female body builders...

That is most definitely true and what I was also thinking of after giving it some thought.

The only thing is that I am old school and much rather prefer the unrealistic more feminine and beautiful looking Wonder Woman. :luhv:

Yah these covers really don't seem too risqué to me. Although to be honest, I don't really like the way Cho has drawn WW for these covers, although I generally don't enjoy his ladies as much as some do (although I do like his humor!).

The third cover with her butt stuck out looks ridiculous. Not the worst I've seen, but it does look dumb. I'm not for censoring, but I'm with Rucka or whoever made this decision. If you want to appeal to a wide demographic, the art should be appealing to a large audience.

I thought the panties showing, and really the overall pose was a bit too much.

If it was Superman posed like that it'd look ridiculous.

At the same time, why hire Frank Cho, knowing his style, and expect that to work?

I mean... well, Adam Hughes did a long run of those covers, and... I don't think he ever showed Wonder Woman's panties....

Yeah...what's wrong with a major publisher having standards?

That's because the costume WW wore during the Hughes run all she was wearing was panties....like Lynda Carter.

All 3 look pretty terrible to me.

+1

Is it just me or does Wonder Woman's body look pretty manly like, especially in terms of her legs on the first 2 issues which appears to be very Conanesque like? (shrug)

I'd expect a 6 foot amazon that can lift a truck over her head to be a size two.

I've been triggered.

+1

Is it just me or does Wonder Woman's body look pretty manly like, especially in terms of her legs on the first 2 issues which appears to be very Conanesque like? (shrug)

I'd expect a 6 foot amazon that can lift a truck over her head to be a size two.

I've been triggered.

+1

well if she's powered by magic, it might be hard to actually build muscle.

In general, I'm not a huge fan of Cho's art. I find the covers to be pretty tame, even with the suggestive posing, but I know that's a highly subjective thing. Having said that, I do prefer a bulkier Wonder Woman, for the reasons many others have stated.

Anyway... I have to side with the artist here. He was hired to do the work, they know what kind of work he does, and, frankly, they've dressed their iconic female superhero in panties and bosom-cupping girdles for roughly a billion years, so it's a little tough to take any criticism from anyone at DC concerning Cho's "vulgar" take on the character at all seriously.

In general, I'm not a huge fan of Cho's art. I find the covers to be pretty tame, even with the suggestive posing, but I know that's a highly subjective thing. Having said that, I do prefer a bulkier Wonder Woman, for the reasons many others have stated.

Anyway... I have to side with the artist here. He was hired to do the work, they know what kind of work he does, and, frankly, they've dressed their iconic female superhero in panties and bosom-cupping girdles for roughly a billion years, so it's a little tough to take any criticism from anyone at DC concerning Cho's "vulgar" take on the character at all seriously.

I don't think it was DC criticizing as Cho stated that they tried to work with him as best as possible and it was 100% Greg being a

I don't think it was DC criticizing as Cho stated that they tried to work with him as best as possible and it was 100% Greg being a

From the (admittedly slim on details) article, it sounded like they stood to the side and let Rucka hound him out. I guess I view that as tacit approval. We'll never know how it really went down though, so you're probably right to call me on that.

All other things being equal... I'd rather have Rucka on my book than Cho so maybe that's as complicated as it really was for DC.

From the (admittedly slim on details) article, it sounded like they stood to the side and let Rucka hound him out. I guess I view that as tacit approval. We'll never know how it really went down though, so you're probably right to call me on that.

All other things being equal... I'd rather have Rucka on my book than Cho so maybe that's as complicated as it really was for DC.

Yea - burn the variant cover artist or the writer? Seems an easy choice.

It also seems like there might be some personality conflicts here that we don't know about.

Yah these covers really don't seem too risqué to me. Although to be honest, I don't really like the way Cho has drawn WW for these covers, although I generally don't enjoy his ladies as much as some do (although I do like his humor!).

The third cover with her butt stuck out looks ridiculous. Not the worst I've seen, but it does look dumb. I'm not for censoring, but I'm with Rucka or whoever made this decision. If you want to appeal to a wide demographic, the art should be appealing to a large audience.

I thought the panties showing, and really the overall pose was a bit too much.

If it was Superman posed like that it'd look ridiculous.

At the same time, why hire Frank Cho, knowing his style, and expect that to work?

I mean... well, Adam Hughes did a long run of those covers, and... I don't think he ever showed Wonder Woman's panties....

Yeah...what's wrong with a major publisher having standards?

That's because the costume WW wore during the Hughes run all she was wearing was panties....like Lynda Carter.

lol oh yeah!

Please - the censorship that Ruka showed is horrid and more of that entitled SJW 'Offended by absolutely everything' nonsense. The covers that Cho drew were equal to the interior art in terms of "graphic", and seriously - 'panties'? wtf do you think she wears under that amazon warrior skirt thingy? Nothing? Heaven forbid he draw something with the correct pose / perspective in terms of how cloth moves and would lift - while still covering her up.

And those of you asking "who made the decision" - Cho says he walked after Ruka repeatedly complained his art was too sexual.

File this under : entitlement

Entitlement for whom?