• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tales to Astonish 27 cover?

46 posts in this topic

When I saw this thead I communicated to the seller the "confusion " the ad has been revised however he is angry at the board members here...as evidenced by his new add...

His new ad is hilarious lol.. I guess that's what happens when you get called out. Plus his eBay feedback isn't the greatest.

When I saw this thead I communicated to the seller the "confusion " the ad has been revised however he is angry at the board members here...as evidenced by his new add...

It's a good "rough draft." He needs a few more "edits" and the "description" may be "adequately" accurate.

Should we post "suggestions" here and you can "just" send him a link? There has got to be a n00b just "aching" to get that "cover"

Someone got their leopard skin panties in a twist.

Besides, I could'a sworn Kirby drew the original, not Ayers ('course inking might be construed as "drawing")

You may be thinking of the "original cover." The item in this auction is just an "original" "cover".

Hope I was able to clear that up and remove any confusion. :acclaim:

Someone got their leopard skin panties in a twist.

Besides, I could'a sworn Kirby drew the original, not Ayers ('course inking might be construed as "drawing")

I sent the seller a message regarding his lack of crediting Kirby's involvement as penciler for the original. Just pouring some more gasoline onto the flames . . .

If anyone wants to forward any additional corrections, these pertain to his "humorous" cartoon in the pictures section:

1. the correct spelling is plead not "pleed."

2. It's not "should of" but should have.

3. It's not "your asking" but you're asking.

4. It's not "less then" but less than.

5. It's not "I got" but I've got.

6. It's not "would of" but would have.

and his response was????

Here's his response:

"The art offering is the first time ayers did both the penciling and inking for this cover! The 1959 cover ayers recreated some other artist penciling into a final inked cover ! Unfortunately Ayers didn't do the penciling on this 1959 astonish cover! Which diminishes it's value! It's always better to have the artist do both Pencils and ink in the same cover art! The original cover I'm offering has ayers doing both the pencils and inks for the entire cover! I overlooked that fact thanks for reminding me! I will adjust the price upward shortly "

:insane:

and his response was????

Here's his response:

"The art offering is the first time ayers did both the penciling and inking for this cover! The 1959 cover ayers recreated some other artist penciling into a final inked cover ! Unfortunately Ayers didn't do the penciling on this 1959 astonish cover! Which diminishes it's value! It's always better to have the artist do both Pencils and ink in the same cover art! The original cover I'm offering has ayers doing both the pencils and inks for the entire cover! I overlooked that fact thanks for reminding me! I will adjust the price upward shortly "

And he did . . . now at $25,000. lol

and his response was????

Here's his response:

And he did . . . now at $25,000. lol

I guess he showed us. :insane:

His new ad is hilarious lol.. I guess that's what happens when you get called out. Plus his eBay feedback isn't the greatest.

So bizarre. Surely those angry passive aggressive cartoons won't help sell the work.

and his response was????

Here's his response:

that is what happens when you ask the $10,000 question.....

and his response was????

Here's his response:

that is what happens when you ask the $10,000 question.....

I'm glad I didn't ask the $64,000 one . . .