• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Closed.

95 posts in this topic

Here's my reply to the OP. It's a civil reasonable response. Opens a can of worms to make a prediction on a pressed/CGC graded book.It's not being a jerk at all

New message from: kthuluu (374Turquoise Star)

I wouldn't want you to make any promises. I was just asking for an opinion. Thanks for the reply.

On 7/17/16, 12:26 PM, zappcomicsnj wrote:

Re: kthuluu has sent a question about item #361630235670, ending on Aug-03-16 08:20:33 PDT - PREACHER #1 COMIC CON WIZARD EXCLUSIVE AMC TV SHOW COMIC VIRGIN VARIANT

Hi, there,

We don't give any promises on what grading companies will do. We only stand behind our grade as described.

Does this have a chance of being a 9.8 if pressed?

Thanks,

Jay

Here's my reply to the OP. It's a civil reasonable response. Opens a can of worms to make a prediction on a pressed/CGC graded book.It's not being a jerk at all

I wouldn't want you to make any promises. I was just asking for an opinion. Thanks for the reply.

Re: kthuluu has sent a question about item #361630235670, ending on Aug-03-16 08:20:33 PDT - PREACHER #1 COMIC CON WIZARD EXCLUSIVE AMC TV SHOW COMIC VIRGIN VARIANT

Hi, there,

We don't give any promises on what grading companies will do. We only stand behind our grade as described.

Thanks,

Jay

I don't see that there is anything wrong whatsoever with your reply. I would also refuse to answer the "chance of 9.8 if pressed" question. Total set up for a disaster IMO.

Hi, there,

Thanks,

Jay

I want to apologize to you publicly here. It was a bad day for me and a much worse day as a buyer on eBay. You weren't the only one I was dealing with. But, that isn't a decent excuse. I should have never gone off on a rant about this, much less a rant on a public forum. Please accept my apology.

Hi, there,

Thanks,

Jay

I want to apologize to you publicly here. It was a bad day for me and a much worse day as a buyer on eBay. You weren't the only one I was dealing with. But, that isn't a decent excuse. I should have never gone off on a rant about this, much less a rant on a public forum. Please accept my apology.

No problem

Offered $17 on an item listed for $20 with a best offer option. Seller countered at $20 saying they can't go any lower.

THEN DON'T ENABLE THE BEST OFFER OPTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offered $17 on an item listed for $20 with a best offer option. Seller countered at $20 saying they can't go any lower.

Playing Devil's Advocate here:

When manually relisting an item, eBay defaults to "accept best offers" and there are no automatic accept/decline amounts set up.

Sellers will have to manually uncheck the Best Offer box. When relisting multiple sales, people may forget to go over this box. Fortunately, I have enough listings so they are all Good 'til Cancelled and I don't have to worry about this annoyance.

Otherwise, your offer was not unreasonable.

When manually relisting an item, eBay defaults to "accept best offers" and there are no automatic accept/decline amounts set up.

Sellers will have to manually uncheck the Best Offer box. When relisting multiple sales, people may forget to go over this box. Fortunately, I have enough listings so they are all Good 'til Cancelled and I don't have to worry about this annoyance.

So then come back at $19 and be done with it.

Goodness.

:popcorn:

This has happened to me on a few items I relisted. I forgot to uncheck the box for a Best Offer when relisting. The original listing never had a Best Offer, but eBay automatically put that into the relisting. I received an offer, but declined it. Then right afterwards, I had to revise the auction. Honest mistake and I never intended on having a Best Offer for the auction.

Edit: This was for a graded book, and not the above $20 book in this discussion.

To be honest, certain comic sellers play that game on third party comic websites too....the site allows offers....but in reality...the BIN is the only number they're going to accept. Shrug your shoulders and move on, my wayward son. There will be peace when you are done.

Easy enough to just move on. Plenty of listings for what I was after. Just annoying. Heck, if they had just stated what some of you had said and it was a mistake that would have been better. Just a "can't go lower than $20" response.