• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Old Frank Miller thread

27 posts in this topic

love miller. want to get some original miller art on DD run. seems confusing. 

Maybe just get something from DKR?

Just stay with comics, way inexperienced at OA. Complete novice. 

Edited by NoMan

Do give OA collecting a shot @NoMan! Don't be discouraged over this DD Miller/Janson issue as it's one of the most confusing topics in OA collecting.

The rest of this hobby is much more straightforward; and always feel free to reach out with questions, as this is an incredibly helpful community :)

1 hour ago, O. said:

Do give OA collecting a shot @NoMan! Don't be discouraged over this DD Miller/Janson issue as it's one of the most confusing topics in OA collecting.

The rest of this hobby is much more straightforward; and always feel free to reach out with questions, as this is an incredibly helpful community :)

Thanks for the friendliness, Mr. O.  I'm a huge Miller fan and that's the nucleus of my collection so that was the OA I was gonna try to reach for.

When the time comes to pull the trigger, I'll give you a ring. 

Thank you again

Just curious, but has anyone gotten Frank Miller's version of any of this? Or, is he refusing to comment? I know Rubenstein takes a lot of credit for the Wolverine LS, and even sells recreations of the cover to issue #1 at cons.

1 hour ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

Just curious, but has anyone gotten Frank Miller's version of any of this? Or, is he refusing to comment? I know Rubenstein takes a lot of credit for the Wolverine LS, and even sells recreations of the cover to issue #1 at cons.

In one of these old Miller threads, someone (Nelson?) posted some photocopies of Miller Wolverine pencils, and the images posted were very detailed.

I was chatting with Rubinstein at a show last year and he told me that he tried to polish up Miller's pencils on Wolverine to make them look more traditional and that he didn't really understand what Frank was trying to do until he saw Ronin a couple of years later.  He said that if he knew then what he knows now, that the final book would have looked much different.

Edited by rocket1312