• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lost mail

17 posts in this topic

i bought a comic and got a tracking number for it with usps, and since monday evening it has said it was last tracked at the same place, which turned out to be a military base of some sort, just wondering how long is a normal amount of time to wait before just chalking it up as lost? oh in case it matters it was sent priority.

i bought a comic and got a tracking number for it with usps, and since monday evening it has said it was last tracked at the same place, which turned out to be a military base of some sort, just wondering how long is a normal amount of time to wait before just chalking it up as lost? oh in case it matters it was sent priority.

well if that military base happens to be Area 51 then I suggest looking around uranus for it thumbsup2.gif

I would give it 5-7 bid-ness days, if you have a tracking # then all is good and it will be found,

damn shame noone thought to stick a USPS tracking number on Osama 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

with a # you do have something to fallback on so I wouldn't sweat it YET, give it sometime, like I said 5-7 days and depending on where it's coming from it could sooner or later.

alrighty, thanks, so if it doesn't show up, should i just call that particular post office and see if it fell of the truck, and as they probably have no use for a german reprint copy of DD #1, i ask thm nicely to pop it my way 27_laughing.gif:P

Dear xokotrunks, tongue.gif

USPS "tracking numbers" are not tracking numbers in the same way that a UPS or Fed EX number allows you to chart the progress of a package in near real-time. It's a delivery confirmation number that will only confirm the time and date once the recipient has taken posession of the goods. That's why they call it "Delivery Confirmation" and not a tracking number. Give it some more time...

I think your jumping the gun. The system probably won't be updated until after it has been delivered so give it a few days.

alrighty, i was just wondering since it said it had been delivered there and recieved that day, so i was just checking, never got one with a confirmation number or whatever it is called before.

Actually, you will have to call the local USPS office because they don't online "track" into military bases. I have shipped a few books into the "black hole" but they always end up where they belong.

Military APO post offices will track delivery confirmation FROM a base. That's the case here. The on-line tracking service will update when the package is delivered to the US address.

What you can't do is delivery track going TO a base. What you can do though is insure the package. The package will have to be signed for when picked up. So if there are questions about delivery, there is a signature to back any false insurance claims...

Bull...you need to give it at least another week before you start getting anxious. The package was mailed out on Monday, 4 Apr...it'll take at least a week to 10 days before you should start looking for it. And sometimes 2 weeks is more realistic...

Jim