• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Green Lantern 2

24 posts in this topic

looking forward to seeing some responses on this thread. love me some GA GL and wasn't aware of the difficulty obtaining GL 2 but now that you mention it I don't now if I've ever seen one for sale (not that I was looking)

I've had a couple of #30s. Haven't paid much attention since I have it. I don't recall ever seeing a #2 for sale though either.

comgreenlantern30paul_zps57e96944.jpg

This one was tough for me especially in decent shape.

They both came from the same original owner collection and were bought at the same time.

comgreenlantern38paul_zps662ee1fe.jpg

I used to own a solid mid-grade GL 2 back in the day, but sold it long ago.

I wonder which book would be considered tougher, GL 2 or Flash 2?

Good question. I own both, and both are really rough. I'd say Flash 2 (less in the census too, after a quick check).

Flash Comics 2 < Green Lantern 2

Flash Comics 96 < Green Lantern 30 (toughest from each run from my vantage)

Flash Comics 33 < Green Lantern 10 (perhaps my favorites from each run)

Not really apples to apples in my opinion (if that's what you were going for) Flash and GL are always compared and contrasted as I think most people see them on the same tier as far as DC heroes (plus the GA and SA connection) I think a better comparison might be AA 17 and Flash 2 ???

Not really apples to apples in my opinion (if that's what you were going for) Flash and GL are always compared and contrasted as I think most people see them on the same tier as far as DC heroes (plus the GA and SA connection) I think a better comparison might be AA 17 and Flash 2 ???

Yeah, they're certainly not on all fours (FC & GL). That was just my take, having chased those books over the past 4 years.

As for AA17, I can't say. That book hasn't really been on my radar, and I only have a handful of AAs (25, 61 and maybe one more).

You could compare All-Flash and GL. The latter GL issues are tough...but the latter All-Flashes are absolutely miserable.

Yeah, they're certainly not on all fours (FC & GL). That was just my take, having chased those books over the past 4 years.

As for AA17, I can't say. That book hasn't really been on my radar, and I only have a handful of AAs (25, 61 and maybe one more).

You could compare All-Flash and GL. The latter GL issues are tough...but the latter All-Flashes are absolutely miserable.

I just looked at a gallery of All Flash and I don't think I've ever seen those last five issues. I've always liked this title and Green Lantern.

I just looked at a gallery of All Flash and I don't think I've ever seen those last five issues. I've always liked this title and Green Lantern.

Yeah, those All-Flash are terribly tough. I have a copy of All-Flash 32. Might be a VG copy. Hands-down the best one I've seen in five years, and there haven't been many.

Yeah, those All-Flash are terribly tough. I have a copy of All-Flash 32. Might be a VG copy. Hands-down the best one I've seen in five years, and there haven't been many.

I do recall seeing copies of GL 2 at shows over the years; not the case with the latter All Flash. The last issues of Flash Comics are super tough too. I still regret not pursuing a 104 in the nineties.

Yeah, the later issues of All Flash are pretty tough as well. I've had a couple #32's but only this #31. These are both from the same collection as the two Lanterns I posted earlier. The guy had some later #90 issues of the Flash including #96 and #97 but somebody got them before I did.

comallflash31paul_zps64fcdb7e.jpg

comallflash32paul_zps7e47025e.jpg

Yeah, the later issues of All Flash are pretty tough as well. I've had a couple #32's but only this #31. These are both from the same collection as the two Lanterns I posted earlier. The guy had some later #90 issues of the Flash including #96 and #97 but somebody got them before I did.

That All-Flash 32 is tremendous! The 31 as well. Flash Comics 96 is insanely tough for a mainstream title - toughest of the latter issues.

GA GL 2, GA GL 30, All-Flash 32, Flash Comics 96...those are all stellar and difficult books. Some of my favorites.

I do recall seeing copies of GL 2 at shows over the years; not the case with the latter All Flash. The last issues of Flash Comics are super tough too. I still regret not pursuing a 104 in the nineties.

Flash Comics 104 is great, but it changes hands pretty frequently. I don't know if there are more around than other, contemporaneous books or if the price just keeps them in a churn. Regardless, I love that issue. First "Rival" Flash, which is pretty cool.