• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Detective Comics 140 and Captain Marvel Adventures 1

8 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I am a noob and hopefully don't get shredded for this post. I am completely sorry if not posting in the right spot, I didn't know if General or Golden age was more appropriate for this.

I just got these 2 books back from CGC, and I am thinking about selling or trading them ( I like them because they are rare/hard to find ) I would rather them go to someone that loves them and I get something I love in return. I honestly don't know the actual value or estimated value (I know the guide just came out and I do have it) but guide does not work for books like this.

There are no comparable sales on eBay and I did check GPA, nothing that would help. I know there is a Tec 140 0.5 on eBay for 2700.00 with plenty of watchers, but not sure if they are watching to see if anyone pulls the trigger. On the Cap Mar 1, the only 1 I found that sold was months ago in MCS, it was a coverless and centerfold and next wrap missing, it sold for 600.00-800.00, I can't remember off-hand.

I am asking for help from boardies on opinions of estimated value. If I do sell/trade these, I would like to have an idea of what to expect.

I am apologizing again if I am in any violation of the forums, I really tried checking to make sure I wasn't. And thanks for any and all help in this matter.

photo bucket pictures

Hello all,

I am a noob and hopefully don't get shredded for this post. I am completely sorry if not posting in the right spot, I didn't know if General or Golden age was more appropriate for this.

I just got these 2 books back from CGC, and I am thinking about selling or trading them ( I like them because they are rare/hard to find ) I would rather them go to someone that loves them and I get something I love in return. I honestly don't know the actual value or estimated value (I know the guide just came out and I do have it) but guide does not work for books like this.

There are no comparable sales on eBay and I did check GPA, nothing that would help. I know there is a Tec 140 0.5 on eBay for 2700.00 with plenty of watchers, but not sure if they are watching to see if anyone pulls the trigger. On the Cap Mar 1, the only 1 I found that sold was months ago in MCS, it was a coverless and centerfold and next wrap missing, it sold for 600.00-800.00, I can't remember off-hand.

I am asking for help from boardies on opinions of estimated value. If I do sell/trade these, I would like to have an idea of what to expect.

I am apologizing again if I am in any violation of the forums, I really tried checking to make sure I wasn't. And thanks for any and all help in this matter.

photo bucket pictures

Awesomest for sale in CG thread of the month.

You'd probably get a more accurate answer in the Gold forum. Here, we're just going to harsh on you :D

Had you not said you were looking to sell or trade, you would've been fine. On the plus side, thank you for posting pictures.

If this turns into a "what should I trade it for?" thread, how much do you have into them? If you do find someone who will appreciate them, and you get something you really want back, then the value need not match to the penny.

Thank you for the reply. I didn't want to be "that guy" that posted in multiple threads. Also, I wanted to be up-front with everyone on my intentions of these books. I didn't think it would have been right to pump everyone for information, to turn around and put on market. I got a lot of positive feedback via pm's. Thank you to all.