• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Killing Joke ruined?

26 posts in this topic

90% of the fan reviews I've read gave it a thumbs down. I for one could care less about cartoon adaptations. I'm just not interested.

As for this cartoon ruining the comic? I doubt it. Those who see this first will likely be curious and then pick it up at which point they will likely be blown away by it in comparison to what appears to be a stinker adaption.

Agreed. I don't think it matters what they put in the animated movie, it wouldn't detract from the source material. The only thing I can think of is people being disappointed in reading it after seeing the movie first, and not seeing the scene in question. I think things like this are mutually exclusive. One of my favorite all time movies is A Clockwork Orange. It was based on the book and took liberties. It left out the complete last chapter in the movie.

90% of the fan reviews I've read gave it a thumbs down. I for one could care less about cartoon adaptations. I'm just not interested.

As for this cartoon ruining the comic? I doubt it. Those who see this first will likely be curious and then pick it up at which point they will likely be blown away by it in comparison to what appears to be a stinker adaption.

How much less could you care, I wonder? hm

I actually saw it today; I thought it was good.

The Bats & Barbs "romance" felt way off to me; it really threw me off and felt out of place. I couldn't care less for that part of the movie.

The rest of the movie was good, quite loyal to the book. The end scene, Batman and Joker sharing a laugh, was exaggerated and I don't really think Batman would share a long laugh like that with the Clown Prince of Crime. All in all, I'd give it 3.5 out 5 stars.

I liked it, thought it was pretty good.

The fornication stuff was a little odd.

Same here. That particular scene I read it more than just superficially.

Here's how I took it, from the review I wrote;

The Batman/Batgirl scene (all I will say here at the sake of spoilers) was about Batgirl's need to be accepted by the strong male figures in her life more than what you'll see on the surface