• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Deadpool Back In Black - Coming In October

107 posts in this topic

DSSW #3 is possibly dead spec, over printed and will likely not break $20. The real 1st Appearance of the Symbiote and Deadpool is in Cable and Deadpool #50. The idiotic version in the What if appeared a year later. I am glad Deadpool killed that version in Deadpool Kills Deadpool.

and here is the Tyler Kirkham variant

J5X87uC.jpg

Great cover, no color?

Hopefully this series takes off and the value on Deadpool's Secret Secret Wars #3 does, too. I stocked up on a few copies when I initially read he would be wearing the symbiote suit and was the source of it's insanity.

STK677202.jpg.square-true_maxheight-285_size-285.jpg

me too i bought 20 of these from midtown a month ago

If you have a couple 9.8 candidate copies, I'd like to buy them from you :foryou:

Jerome

DSSW #3 is possibly dead spec, over printed and will likely not break $20. The real 1st Appearance of the Symbiote and Deadpool is in Cable and Deadpool #50. The idiotic version in the What if appeared a year later. I am glad Deadpool killed that version in Deadpool Kills Deadpool.

Interesting, so D&C #50 was before the What If Venom Possessed Deadpool?

Jerome

Jerome

yep.. but what if venom possessed deadpool had first venompool COVER

CD 50 was from 02/2008 indicia date 04/08

What if Venom... is 04/2011

and the what if collects these:

What If? Dark Reign (2011) #1

What If? Iron Man: Demon in an Armor (2011) #1

What If? Spider-Man (2011) #1

What If? Wolverine: Father (2011) #1

Jerome

It's buried in the book on a panel.

The book that ended up catching on was the What if? because it's a full story and appearance and of course he's on the cover and the cover is totally sick.

That Cable and Deadpool book is never going to catch on.

-J.

Jerome

It's buried in the book on a panel.

The book that ended up catching on was the What if? because it's a full story and appearance and of course he's on the cover and the cover is totally sick.

That Cable and Deadpool book is never going to catch on.

-J.

Thats okay if it never catches fire, I just want it for my Venom Appearances custom set (thumbs u

I'm going to add it to the list along with the What If, just to cover my bases. Thanks for the clarification guys!

Jerome

Jerome

yep.. but what if venom possessed deadpool had first venompool COVER

Has anyone read that What If story? It's horrible! Beyonder is a total jack*** in it!

The What If reprint cover was an intro page from the What If Iron Man Demon In The Armor. And the What if Venom Possessed Deadpool is a reprint of that splash page as a cover and the 4 parts of the story from the other books. I understand the whole infatuation with the book, but it shouldn't be as expensive as it is. Part of it's hype is fueled by people who don't know it's a reprint of the other books, and those who didn't know Deadpool + Venom Symbiote happened before that story.

C&D #50 is already a $50+ book high grade raw, and slabs are over $100 and climbing, It's a final issue of a series and Comichron shows sales of 23,912. The only people to ever downplay its significance are people who are heavily invested in the What If Reprint. Cable and Deadpool #50 is also IN 616 (PRIME) CONTINUITY for those of us actually reading the books not just collecting cover art.

A stolen piece of the Symbiote while in possession of the Dark Avengers and Norman Osborne was engineered by Doom and then spread to the Savage Land and infected Dinosaurs, who were then released on New York. Deadpool was able to bond with the symbiote (Prior to Retcon in DSSW #3 showing why he was able to control it) and then stabbed himself in the head with the Psimitar to prevent a full takeover.

Noit_s_deadpool_with_a_symbiont_it_s_in_cable_an.jpg

Truth in Speculation only happens when you read the stories my friends!

IMO

Venompool might appear in the book but is seperate character from what we see in Deadpool Back in Black. NOTE: Venompool died in Deadpool kills Deadpool #4.

Deadpool Back in Black is either Deadpool as Venom (Not Venompool) or Deadpool in black costume like Amazing Spider-Man #252 or Secret Wars #4. So Deadpool Secret Secret Wars is the 1st appearance of whatever version of Deadpool this is.

One other thing Deadpool Secret Secret Wars #1 Run the Jewels variant also features the black costume Deadpool.

It does and this is completely my opinion, but that Run the Jewels variant is one of the ugliest covers out there. 2c

What's significant about Deadpool's Secret Secret War's #3 is not just that he's wearing the costume, but that it retcon's the symbiote's entire back story. The alien race that the simbiote originated from was peaceful, it was the part of Deadpool's dark, twisted side that drove the symbiote insane, setting up the creation of Venom.

Hopefully this series takes off and the value on Deadpool's Secret Secret Wars #3 does, too. I stocked up on a few copies when I initially read he would be wearing the symbiote suit and was the source of it's insanity.

You'll be waiting awhile. :roflmao:

Different characters...and books.

You'll be waiting awhile. :roflmao:

Different characters...and books.

Check again, ace :gossip: :

The Venom Symbiote bonds with Deadpool, giving him new powers and a stylish monochromatic look, in Deadpool: Back in Black #1 by Cullen Bunn and Salva Espin, the team behind Deadpool and the Mercs for Money. The comic follows directly on Deadpool’s Secret Secret Wars, also written by Bunn, which shows the Merc with a Mouth briefly wearing the Symbiote on the original Battleword, before Spider-Man ever did.

Back in Black is also a flashback, set after Spider-Man first rejected the symbiotic alien costume. Since the preview is unlettered, we don’t know much else, except that Machine Man is involved somehow, and also some pretty dangerous looking aliens, who I assume have come to Earth looking for the symbiote. Or maybe they’re looking for Deadpool. Either way, they’re bound to run into him, and into trouble.

Read More: Preview: Deadpool Gets Venomous In 'Deadpool: Back In Black' | http://comicsalliance.com/deadpool-back-in-black-preview/?trackback=tsmclip