• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tales to Astonish Appreciation Thread
1 1

1,446 posts in this topic

tta96wm.jpg

First Marvel Comic (along with Amazing Spider-Man #53) that I ever bought off of the newsstand. I bought it because of the skull. Nine-year-olds like skulls. Beautiful! (thumbs u

tta96wm.jpg

First Marvel Comic (along with Amazing Spider-Man #53) that I ever bought off of the newsstand. I bought it because of the skull. Nine-year-olds like skulls. Beautiful! (thumbs u

Great story!! :applause: Monsters + horror elements appealed to me greatly as a lil' Korvac as well :cloud9: And I don't mind or eschew them now either (thumbs u

And yes, he's posting 'em everywhere!! :banana:

tta88pc.jpg

tta96wm.jpg

Awesome!

Sweet books!!! I almost bid on the 88...glad you got it!

Thanks guys!! (thumbs u Bill, as ever your taste is beyond reproach (worship)

BTW, I do have 2 9.6 non ped undercopies if anyone's interested................ :whistle:

The more I look at this, the more I think this may be one of the best Tales to Astonish covers: every element from the box in the top left cover, the "full impact" Kirby art, to the placement of text -- great design, great colour, great drama.

TTA #52 February 1964 (November 1963 newsstand)

TTA52FFeb64.jpg