• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tales to Astonish Appreciation Thread
1 1

1,446 posts in this topic

I've had the last 6-8 months to admire your collection...How long have you been working on this set?

Are you aware of any other "pedigreed" TTA collection, other than Pacific Coast..is there an entire run of "Northland" TTA peds out there??

Cheers

Thanks Beach. I've been putting it together for about 7 years. An 8.0 #39 started it all back in '02 + I've been hooked ever since. The very high grade bug bite me along the way + I've upgraded when the opportunities have presented themselves.

I had bought a few peds "by accident" but became more serious about acquiring them around '04. When Steve Filosa sold his TTA collection in '05, many of us boardies were there to pick them up + that's when the pedigree bug really caught up to me. He had White Mountains, Northlands, Bostons, Pacific Coasts, etc,..

As for your other question, I think Green was leading you in the right direction. Northlands were either complete or near complete with many of the books in NM. There are a fair amount of WM's with the earliest # I'm aware of being a sweet #39 9.6!!. That run is nowhere near as complete as the NL's, but has some tremendous copies nonetheless. The rest of the peds such as Boston, Western Penn, Green River, etc have scattered issues throughout the run, usually in the later issues. I've never seen any Mass copies which I don't believe have been graded, as Green mentions.

Glad to have you around Beach + fun to see your collection grow :headbang:

I've had the last 6-8 months to admire your collection...How long have you been working on this set?

Are you aware of any other "pedigreed" TTA collection, other than Pacific Coast..is there an entire run of "Northland" TTA peds out there??

Cheers

Hey Beach...good to see you back posting...I have Steve Filosa's TTA ped chart if you'd like me to email it to you...it's in JPEG format...PM me your email if you'd like it.

The NL run, according to the chart was missing issues 27,36-39,41,46,49,52,54,57,67,70,92,93,96-98

Cheers

Hey Beach...good to see you back posting...I have Steve Filosa's TTA ped chart if you'd like me to email it to you...it's in JPEG format...PM me your email if you'd like it.

The NL run, according to the chart was missing issues 27,36-39,41,46,49,52,54,57,67,70,92,93,96-98

Bill could you send it to me again? :hi: Definitely a great resource tool.

Cheers

(thumbs u

Cheers

(thumbs u

(worship):headbang:

Speaking of Heartlands:

TTA85.jpg

A really great run of books. The color preservation + blinding whites are a joy to behold!! :cloud9:

Junk :sumo:

lol You're right. If you see anymore like this please send them my way. I have a great affinity for such HG drivel :banana: And if they're Peds, then WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!