• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

General question I'm pretty sure I know the answer to

6 posts in this topic

If I can't grade for mess, and am thinking of bidding on a raw book on ebay (I'm well aware of the risks) and there are high quality scans or pictures, this would not be the place to ask I'm assuming.

Is there any place on here for such a thing or is it bad form in general?

BTW I know the easy answer is "learn to grade" I will be buying a guide to grading, but in the meantime...?

No particular book at the moment, just a general question. Saving up to re-acquire a few keys such as ASM 129 and Hulk 181. I may end up going the safe route and buying slabbed, but was just curious about the etiquette of doing what I mentioned above.

I've seen folks post books they are considering buying here to get an idea of what others think regarding grade and restoration. In general I'd say if you don't trust your ability to grade, buy slabbed or raw from dealers who have a reputation for solid grading and catching resto, but if you see a copy you're interested in, post away!

Yup, post away. Just keep in mind that much like you, a lot of the people on this board can't grade for mess either

*not directed to anyone in particular, just a general observation based on sales threads and grading threads