• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Drug Comics
1 1

74 posts in this topic

I am really enjoying these topic specific - well - topics. So let's see those drug books! I know there are some whoppers out there.

This one has often been shown in various forums...but maybe this can be a home for it!

perfectcrime18.jpg

That's all we need -- another interesting thread to which Adam is compelled to read and post to because he doesn't haven't anything else to do and, heaven knows, he doesn't need any sleep! poke2.gif

I"ve already posted this elsewhere, but darn if I can figure out where at this point.

779302-CrimePunish69.jpg

779302-CrimePunish69.jpg.90359ac047023b8d94fec45999dabb86.jpg

Edited by adamstrange

That's a classic Slacker! And a sharp looking copy to boot.

Here's the book from an earlier posting.

782242-TrueCrime.jpg

782242-TrueCrime.jpg.8699d1db81d8ef397bfc9951307bfa5a.jpg

Edited by adamstrange

Teen Confessions

#81 VG July 1973 Christ-like Hippy Hippie cover, Lots of Cleavage

TURNING ON TO MARIJUANA SMOKING

NOTE: These books are still unresearched in Overstreet for the most part. Many are very esoteric, with stories still somewhat taboo at that time - inter-religious/inter-racial romance/wedding, cheating, underage sex, wild parties, marijuana, bad crowds, spanking panels, slapping panels, rape, shower scenes, negligee panels, etc.

Many of the romance comic books from the late sixties and early seventies are undiscovered gems if you like oddball weird comics. The writers wanted to be "with it" but in many cases just didn't know quite how; interesting "generation gap" comics emerged as the publishers tried to be hip.

That's all we need -- another interesting thread to which Adam is compelled to read and post to because he doesn't haven't anything else to do and, heaven knows, he doesn't need any sleep! poke2.gif

I"ve already posted this elsewhere, but darn if I can figure out where at this point.

779302-CrimePunish69.jpg

The story was posted here , but not the cover.

Thanks, gpcove.

The nice thing about the forum is how everybody helps out.

Love that CRACKDOWN cover - how much was it from Metropolis - I saw a copy on ebay a little while back, but the starting bid seemed kind of high -I can't recall if it sold.

I was looking through my collection for a cover to post and realized there are very few drug covers (not counting mentions in a title box), though lots of great interior stories. I collect pre-code marijuana stories, though not drug stories in general, and I'll try and figure out which have some great splash pages to post later. I'm also interested in any info on drug books not listed specifically as having a "marijuana story" in the Overstreet, but that do have gangsters or teenagers and the like smoking the devil weed in the story.

I was looking through my collection for a cover to post and realized there are very few drug covers (not counting mentions in a title box), though lots of great interior stories. I collect pre-code marijuana stories, though not drug stories in general, and I'll try and figure out which have some great splash pages to post later. I'm also interested in any info on drug books not listed specifically as having a "marijuana story" in the Overstreet, but that do have gangsters or teenagers and the like smoking the devil weed in the story.

Are you going to watch "Reefer Madness: The Musical" on Showtime? I think it may start this weekend. Should be a hoot. I just found my VHS double-feature of Reefer Madness and Night of the Living Dead (dunno why those two were paired together. I guess it's a cult movie pack).

Are you going to watch "Reefer Madness: The Musical" on Showtime? I think it may start this weekend. Should be a hoot. I just found my VHS double-feature of Reefer Madness and Night of the Living Dead (dunno why those two were paired together. I guess it's a cult movie pack).

Well I don't have Showtime - but I'm not sure about a musical version of Reefer Madness - what made the original so entertaining was the earnestness of the film.

Love that CRACKDOWN cover - how much was it from Metropolis - I saw a copy on ebay a little while back, but the starting bid seemed kind of high -I can't recall if it sold.

Don't remember exactly, but I think it was a bit over hundred bucks...mebbe $130 or something like that. It's a sweet highgrade copy, though. I've been thinking about slabbing it, just 'cause there's none on the census. What was the asking price for the one on ebay? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif