• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Drug Comics
1 1

74 posts in this topic

Love that CRACKDOWN cover - how much was it from Metropolis - I saw a copy on ebay a little while back, but the starting bid seemed kind of high -I can't recall if it sold.

I was looking through my collection for a cover to post and realized there are very few drug covers (not counting mentions in a title box), though lots of great interior stories. I collect pre-code marijuana stories, though not drug stories in general, and I'll try and figure out which have some great splash pages to post later. I'm also interested in any info on drug books not listed specifically as having a "marijuana story" in the Overstreet, but that do have gangsters or teenagers and the like smoking the devil weed in the story.

Don't remember exactly, but I think it was a bit over hundred bucks...mebbe $130 or something like that. It's a sweet highgrade copy, though. I've been thinking about slabbing it, just 'cause there's none on the census. What was the asking price for the one on ebay? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I don't recall exactly - but I'm pretty sure it was over $100 or I would have bid. I don't recall the grade either, but it was neither beat nor pristine ( I realize that leaves alot of room, but my initial reaction was that it was pricey so I moved on without further consideration )

If you like drug story comic books, I would highly recommend 87th Precinct #2 (Dell Pub.).. the cover is a "mild" photo cover, the whole inside story of the book is about heroin usage... artwork is just average. Here's a photo of the inside back cover...DSC_0206.jpg

Fantastic splash, Comichut!

Manhunt #14 doesn't have a drug cover in the traditional sense of heroin/marijuana stories, but it does have a hypo cover that is a favorite of many.

786957-manhunt14.jpg

786957-manhunt14.jpg.599f7279e5ef489420d27cf562d668f6.jpg

I am really enjoying these topic specific - well - topics. So let's see those drug books! I know there are some whoppers out there.

This one has often been shown in various forums...but maybe this can be a home for it!

perfectcrime18.jpg

It already has a home. gossip.gifMine. grin.gif

That little guy drawing blood with the hypodermic is such a wicked, cool bizarre image. Great book! thumbsup2.gif

Edited by adamstrange

But now I have to wonder if I posted a scan of your book or mine! blush.gif

It's mine. My copy is the only one I've ever seen. I'd love to see your copy. Is it in better shape?

But now I have to wonder if I posted a scan of your book or mine! blush.gif

It's mine. My copy is the only one I've ever seen. I'd love to see your copy. Is it in better shape?

Here is mine!

perfcrim18.jpg

cloud9.gif You're my second one POV. Was it as good for you as it was for me? poke2.gif

Nice copy. thumbsup2.gif

This book contains a story where Ghostrider tracks two bandits high on "loco weed" screwy.gif

CPWUP-gr6.jpg

WOW !! What issue of Ghost Rider is that? I've never seen it. Who's the cover artist?

Thanks for all the bumps First.

The greatest of all Drug Books has to be the Harvey giveaway "Trapped!" It was expensive in early guides, then there was a warehouse find and they dropped to $20. They're tough to find these days though, and who can forget the classic cover balloon!

"This is Bill Jones, High School Student. He thought he had all the answers, he was wrong! He would have to live through a nightmare before he learned HIS lesson!"

That's all we need -- another interesting thread to which Adam is compelled to read and post to because he doesn't haven't anything else to do and, heaven knows, he doesn't need any sleep! poke2.gif

I"ve already posted this elsewhere, but darn if I can figure out where at this point.

779302-CrimePunish69.jpg

The story was posted here , but not the cover.

Here's the C&P #69 story for anyone who missed it:

hrg_01.jpg

hrg_02.jpg

hrg_03.jpg

hrg_04.jpg

hrg_05.jpg

hrg_06.jpg

hrg_07.jpg

hrg_08.jpg

hrg_09.jpg

hrg_10.jpg

ENJOY!