• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SYFY's VAN HELSING (9/23/16)

52 posts in this topic

Episode 8 finally gets Vanessa and crew out of their bunker hospital, and out into the wider world. Which made for a more entertaining episode.

There appears to be a war going on amongst the vampires that involves the creator of the master vampire.

:ohnoez:

Was not expecting that ending!!! for the 11/11/16 episode. SyFy is killing it with this, Dark Matter, Killjoys and Wynona Earp.

You are not kidding!

Saw it finally today. Although there was always a threat one of the core characters could get it, I didn't expect that one.

What a cool show!

:whee:

Episode 10 had a surprise character appearance.

uCFriE5.png

Although the in-and-out French accent was odd. Still, a good episode.

That was French? I thought it was Spanish, lol.

I'm still a little lost, my playback keeps cutting out and I'm missing things.

lol

I think that's partly the filming. The show is a little choppy at times.

I knew they were in for trouble with the episode title 'Stay Away' and Tom Cavanagh welcoming them to Eden.

There was one scene where Sam (the deaf man I don't trust) fights and kills that fellow that imprisoned him without a word said. At first I thought it looked so fake. But then I reflected on he is deaf and hardly speaks. So it was all about taking out the person he saw as a threat to Mohamad.

Episode 13 (Season Finale) was an interesting wrapup of this intro. The vampires fear her untapped powers, but couldn't help but be drawn to her for their own safety.

So they capture her and begin experiments so they can impregnate her, and from this create the new version of vampires that will have longer lives and the ability to walk in the sun.

We find out about Mohamad's secret Sam hinted at when he became a vampire - and unfortunately that secret wasn't even worth all his scheming.

The leader of the vampires (Dmitri) ended up bringing forward his kind's most dangerous threat due to all his actions. His plan backfires, but realized too late.

Although predictable at times, still a fun show.

And now we know what happened with Vanessa's daughter. And if Axel died in the underground bunker or not.

Van Helsing adds a Saw actress in recurring Season 2 role

kdm3bJU.png

With Van Helsing returning for a second post-apocalyptic vampire-filled season later this year comes news that the show’s heroine is going to get a much-needed helping hand.

Canadian actress Caroline Cave (Saw VI, Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, Power Rangers) has joined the cast of Syfy’s Van Helsing in a recurring role.

According to a press release, Cave will play Jolene, who is described as Vanessa Van Helsing’s (True Blood's Kelly Overton) “wary friend who supports the cause against the vampires. She will work as second-in-command of a small group of Resistance fighters assigned to protect a field hospital.”

Currently filming in Vancouver, expect to see the second 13-episode season of Van Helsing to debut sometime in the fall of 2017.

This has become a really good show in Season Two. So not surprised with this news.

'Van Helsing' Renewed For Season 3

Ahead of its second season finale, Syfy has renewed Van Helsing for a third season.

According to Deadline, the series -- which was inspired by Zenescope Entertainment's graphic novel series Helsing -- will close out its second season on Thursday, January 4, 2018 and will return in the fall for a 13-episode season. The show is expected to begin production on the third season in February.

The Syfy series follows Vanessa (Kelly Overton,) a descendant of Abraham Van Helsing, and other survivors in the world of a vampire apocalypse. In season two, changing alliances and connections have revealed secrets surrounding not just the vampire apocalypse, but Vanessa's own heritage as well and now with season three guaranteed, the show can delve deeper into what these changes may mean for the survival of humankind itself, something that showrunner Neil LaBute is excited to pursue.

"I couldn't be happier to learn that Syfy has renewed Van Helsing for Season 3 -- it has been a wonderful journey thus far, but we have much more of the 'Van Helsing' saga to tell before we're through," LaBute said. "It's great to be working with Syfy on this project again, along with Chat and Mike at Nomadic and all the others at Dynamic and Echo Lake as well."

LaBute also offered fans a bit of a tease as to what they can expect for the show's third season next year.

"The writing team has some amazing adventures planned for our cast and a few new surprises as well -- expect blood to be spilled and characters to die screaming while the fate of humanity slips closer and closer to the edge of true chaos and utter darkness."

I am just getting into this show (started last week) and just finished S1 E11 last night. It looks like a lower budget WD with vampires instead of walkers (well.....I guess the ferals are essentially walker vamps), but it is still a fun story so far.