• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Animosity 1

155 posts in this topic

Funny how people get all hyped up off of one issue now. :preach:

Did ya read it?

I read it, liked it, but it does seem like almost every Indy book gets a little hype and prices go up the same day. Plenty of examples out right now. Snotgirl is garbage, but people seem to pay some high dollar for that book.

Did ya read it?

I have not. The content does not interest me, but I can see how it would be appealing to others and that does not mean it's not a good story. There are about 400 comics that come out a month, so I'm sure I read comics that others don't find appealing. I have a feeling this is the book of the week to speculate on though.

My main issue is the infatuation with any comics that has a #1 on it. Like I said, there are lots of comics that come out and it seems like people forget about a series after a couple of issues. Why do you think the Big 2 keep doing reboots? The two longest running series right now are from Image, I believe. I don't know that we will ever see a Big 2 comic reach 100 issues again.

:preach:

Did ya read it?

I have not. The content does not interest me, but I can see how it would be appealing to others and that does not mean it's not a good story. There are about 400 comics that come out a month, so I'm sure I read comics that others don't find appealing. I have a feeling this is the book of the week to speculate on though.

My main issue is the infatuation with any comics that has a #1 on it. Like I said, there are lots of comics that come out and it seems like people forget about a series after a couple of issues. Why do you think the Big 2 keep doing reboots? The two longest running series right now are from Image, I believe. I don't know that we will ever see a Big 2 comic reach 100 issues again.

Absolutely honest and valid points.

I'm not really spec buying this book but was very impressed by the first issue. I'm pulling two copies a month, one to just read it. If it turns out to be terrible I'll just drop it.

Did ya read it?

I read it. Liked it. Was the first Aftershock book I've ever purchased. Actually bought a 2nd copy after enjoying the read. It did read a bit quick for me. Maybe I need to slow my roll on my new comic reading. hm;) Enjoyed the art and thought it was a good opening salvo. We'll see if it gains traction.

Not much mention of the issue #2 Kyle Strahm variants.

The cover image has not been released yet, but there will be two covers. A regular cover, limited to 150 copies and a black and white variant limited to 50 copies.

Sold out in about 12 hours.

Not much mention of the issue #2 Kyle Strahm variants.

The cover image has not been released yet, but there will be two covers. A regular cover, limited to 150 copies and a black and white variant limited to 50 copies.

Sold out in about 12 hours.

Think you responded to your own statement. It's also not out yet.

For anyone that might be interested - just wanted to give everyone a quick update on the Blindbox Comics variants for Animosity #1:

Due to an unforeseen delay with our Indoctrination variants, we ended up switching months for these two books - so Animosity is going out to all of our subscribers this week (rather than next month). As a result, the rest of our available inventory is up sooner than expected (on the site right now).

For anyone that might be interested - just wanted to give everyone a quick update on the Blindbox Comics variants for Animosity #1:

Due to an unforeseen delay with our Indoctrination variants, we ended up switching months for these two books - so Animosity is going out to all of our subscribers this week (rather than next month). As a result, the rest of our available inventory is up sooner than expected (on the site right now).

Wow.......this just seems. Off. The price?

Looking forward to my next Blindbox shipment now !

Wait - you weren't already...? :P

I've never ordered from you guys. If I order just the variant option is that what the animosity one comes in?

Yes - Blindvariant can be ordered alone, or as part of the larger Blindbox Plus package. In both cases, each customer receives one of the exclusive covers at random.

Animosity is the August Blindvariant, so there is actually one other book that will ship before that one (all July books should be out in the mail next week).

So to be clear it's not up for order yet on the site but will be soon.

Well, if you were to sign up today for either product, you would be receiving the July books first. If you sign up after August 25th, you would be receiving the August books first (which includes the Animosity variant). Then, once all subscriptions are filled, any remaining additional copies will be put up on the site for individual sale.

I was waiting to sign up after the 25th so I could obtain the Animosity variant with a three month sub. Guess that's no longer a possibility since they're now available for a whole lot more individually.

And to think I was gonna do three months of blind box and probably more after that. Was considering becoming a recurring customer but this seems like a switch.

Yes, it was a switch - we were late on shipping our July box, and still did not have the July art covers in hand, and had not received any tracking information, etc. We were stuck in a tough position, and had to swap books so that we could ship on time. To our existing subscribers, this should make absolutely no difference, as the books received over a two-month span are exactly the same - it is only the order that has changed.

For those of you who messaged us directly and specifically asked us when to order to get the Animosity variant, contact us again and we will be happy to sell you one copy at the original subscription price of $12.99 + s/h. We apologize for the confusion this has caused.

And...lesson learned. In the future we will not be announcing any of our variants in advance. If you want to guarantee every variant at the subscription price, you are welcome to subscribe. Otherwise, if you are only interested in particular books as they come out, remaining inventory will be made available once all subscription orders are filled.