• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2016 CGC Green Eggs Grading Contest- Round 1 Results

49 posts in this topic

Aaaand once again I will reign as King of the Undergraders!

Undergrade_zpskshzwbej.jpg

I hammered TWD1 for that top corner dent, small spine-stresses and soiling on back cover. Not good. I call'em as I see'em.

But really, 4.0 for the OAAW !??? Wow. Looks like a 1cm tear to the middle right edge of front cover - that alone would bring it to 4.0 for me. But with all that other stuff going on with the c--b cover creases, spine splits, top edge fading and tears... just wow.

I hammered TWD1 for that top corner dent, small spine-stresses and soiling on back cover. Not good. I call'em as I see'em.

But really, 4.0 for the OAAW !??? Wow. Looks like a 1cm tear to the middle right edge of front cover - that alone would bring it to 4.0 for me. But with all that other stuff going on with the c--b cover creases, spine splits, top edge fading and tears... just wow.

You guys are forgetting about The Nik Bump. :preach:

You guys are forgetting about The Nik Bump. :preach:

I didn't know The Nik Bump was transferable! :o

I graded the Our Army at 3.5 (was leading towards 3.0 and lower). Definitely did not think 4.0. WD #1 at 9.4. Thought about 9.2 but the corner ding and spine crease looked small. Oh well, next round.

I graded the Our Army at 3.5 (was leading towards 3.0 and lower). Definitely did not think 4.0. WD #1 at 9.4. Thought about 9.2 but the corner ding and spine crease looked small. Oh well, next round.

same exact grading I gave though I felt the GA bump the OAAW might push it to a 4.0 as I had it at 3.5/4.0

I tend to struggle with moderns in general and saw the WD as possibly 9.2 to 9.6

I'll take it though as I put very little time into the whole process. I found last year that the longer I looked for flaws, the more I imagined and the worse my guess became. Initial gut feelings were often more right than the final decision.

Remember, even if you've done badly this round... At most, you're 12 off the lead. There are 9 Rounds left and another 90 possible points available. (thumbs u

And now... a motivational video: :foryou: