• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What was your first CGC slab?

92 posts in this topic

Action Comics #29 CGC 4.0 Purchased in 2004 by my wife as a Christmas present. .

Still got it?

Would be cool to know who still has their first slab.... :popcorn:

I do. I have all my slabs I have purchased except 1. Sold a ASM 678 variant 9.6 for 1650$ I had picked up 2 from a store in London call A Place in Space for 100$ each.. Had them both CGC at 9.6 sold one to diversify. Used the cash to by my ASM 129 9.4.

That's how ya do it :headbang:

Daredevil #168 in 9.4.

Totally regretted selling it later, funny how you always remember your first.....

It's our introduction to this age of encapsulation. To say it's a game changer, would be to understate the experience. :preach:

I bought this back in 2010 after playing the Arkham Asylum game on PC. Prior to that, this was my first comic in almost 30 years. I had a beautiful copy when I was a teenager, but sold off everything when I graduated HS.

I had intended to only buy this one and no other comics. To my wife's horror, I just kept buying after this.

163768.jpg.461c60b7c521af4aa4cbc21f85fe5c66.jpg

I had intended to only buy this one and no other comics. To my wife's horror, I just kept buying after this.

lol

Ironically that what happened to me. About 3 years ago I pulled a long box out of storage and went thought it. It just rekindled a passion. Never looked back and started completing my ASM run then got into investing in keys. There were package arriving at my place on a weekly basis Until this day my wife thinks I'm nuts, doesn't get it and wants me to get rid of my books. It was nice to show her what I sold the ASM 678 at. It shut her up real good.

Daredevil #168 in 9.4.

Totally regretted selling it later, funny how you always remember your first.....

It's our introduction to this age of encapsulation. To say it's a game changer, would be to understate the experience. :preach:

Agreed, it completely changed my way of collecting.

Slabs, they just look so damn pretty sitting on your wall, especially those with iconic covers.

Some, like Torchy or The Spirit for example, just look stunning, and are now almost appreciated as works of art.

CCF03052016_zpsegt1lxe8.jpg

My first slab was also my first submission Spiderman 1 Platinum edition signed by Todd and Stan :)

My first slab I bought back in 2013 was actually two books I bought from the same seller XFactor 24 9.8 and Nyx3 9.8 I really loved the Xforce 2008 and Uncanny Xforce series

Can't remember the year..... 2002 or 2003 at Heroes Con from Chris Foss..... a CGC 8.0 copy of FF 73 ...... it was nicer than most NM's that I was getting from eBay or mail order, and thus my grading education began. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

First slab I purchased was a Crowley Pedigree 9.2 copy of Captain Marvel Jr. #73, simply on a whim wished to acquire one of my favorite GA covers at the time. :blush:

My first CGC submission was in '09, ASM #129. Similarly, subscribing to CGC is how I happened onto the CS forums.

My first slab was Avengers # 8 CGC 8.0, from Nick (Flaming Telepath). Can't remember for sure what year it was but I'd have a guess that it was maybe 2005. Still have the book today. :)