• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED for Business! Junk Pile Sale! Summer Madness Mags, Premiums & Old Comics!

117 posts in this topic

:takeit: I cannot resist. This is lovely in my book.

OK, back from a short break.

Now here is something you will never see again. It is a one of a kind.

Old bound volume of "Children's Comics".

This 2" thick volume contains 17 old humor comics (if I counted right). Many publishers are here including Disney Dell one shots, HaHa, CooCoo, Giggle, Peter Rabbit, Animal Antics, Animal comics, Fawcett Funny Animals and more.

All bound complete with front and back covers. Condition is pretty rough. All books are neatly cut up from bottom about 2" or so with sicissors. There are tears, small pieces missing on some. One DC has only about 1/2 front cover. All appear to be complete and readable though.

Nothing to write home about condition wise, but VERY cool none the less. A fun item to have and one of a kind. Hard to find these old bound volumes.

$65.00 sent media mail and sold "as is"

boundvolume1_zpsvmfjsnez.jpg

boundvolume2_zpsik2pze1p.jpg

boundvolume3_zps7i7liwmn.jpg

boundvolume4_zpsl7fmpfzm.jpg

boundvolume5_zpsofhsjd9s.jpg

boundvolume6_zpslfootbnb.jpg

boundvolume7_zpskljiygxt.jpg

Fight Comics #52 Oct 1947 Friction House Publishers

One of the best of the later Fight covers. Maybe my favorite one. Simply killer bondage cover. The lush green jungle cover is just awsome. Matt Baker, Jack Kamen and Senorita Rio. This book just oozes good girl art at it's finest.

This copy is tight, smooth spine and complete. VERY nice color for a Friction House book of this era. Has a problem though. It has seen some water. Mostly notiiceable on back cover. Staples are rusty as well. Not real evident on the beautiful front cover or interior pages which are yellowed but supple with no tears or creases. Cover and centerfold are bound well to book. No tears, creases or missing pieces on covers. A very tight well presenting copy except for that darn water damage... I frankly don't care if this one sells or not.

$40.00

fight1_zpskwupgzx4.jpg

fight2_zps45xvtdwc.jpg

:takeit: I cannot resist. This is lovely in my book.

OK, back from a short break.

Now here is something you will never see again. It is a one of a kind.

Old bound volume of "Children's Comics".

This 2" thick volume contains 17 old humor comics (if I counted right). Many publishers are here including Disney Dell one shots, HaHa, CooCoo, Giggle, Peter Rabbit, Animal Antics, Animal comics, Fawcett Funny Animals and more.

All bound complete with front and back covers. Condition is pretty rough. All books are neatly cut up from bottom about 2" or so with sicissors. There are tears, small pieces missing on some. One DC has only about 1/2 front cover. All appear to be complete and readable though.

Nothing to write home about condition wise, but VERY cool none the less. A fun item to have and one of a kind. Hard to find these old bound volumes.

$65.00 sent media mail and sold "as is"

boundvolume1_zpsvmfjsnez.jpg

boundvolume2_zpsik2pze1p.jpg

boundvolume3_zps7i7liwmn.jpg

boundvolume4_zpsl7fmpfzm.jpg

boundvolume5_zpsofhsjd9s.jpg

boundvolume6_zpslfootbnb.jpg

boundvolume7_zpskljiygxt.jpg

Sold to Norrin's Lawyer! Many thanks Greg. It's a beater for sure but oh, so, unusual!

Wings Comics #92 April 1948

Beautiful Bob Lubbers GGA cover and GGA throughout. That "sweet spot" for this title. Outstanding color which is rare for Friction House books.

A, clean solid, bright, clean complete copy. Has some minor spine wear. A very light fade spot at top right front cover. Has a tiny"bump" at top of spine. Has a neat 3/4" edge tear in back cover. Slight spine roll. Book and centerfold bound well to covers. Interior paper is slightly yellowed but supple with no tears or creases. A lovely copy.

$75.00

wings92a_zpsntyk8efs.jpg

wings92b_zpswqneoljh.jpg

:takeit:, Thanks!

SOLD!

OK, boys and girls, I've reached the last book of the thread. I can't believe I've got 'em all on today. I just want to go junking tomorrow and unless I score a big pile of funny books, this will be it for this time...

I listed a couple of these last and didn't have time to scratch my nose and they were sold. Probably sold them too cheap but I made some boardies very happy.

This will be the last time I offer one of these on the boards so if you want it, hit the trigger fast...

Margie Comics #36 June 1947 Timely/Marvel Publications

This is not noted in Overstreet. Contains the classic story "Margie's Big Date" It features and pictures a young Stan Lee throughout the story. Margie goes to the Marvel offices to complain about her comic and Stan takes her to an adult nightclub where she embarrases him.

This is a nice,clean, tight complete copy. Has a small piece of old tape that mends a tear at bottom left front cover. There is a light stain at bottom of her face. Tiny chip out at top of right corner of cover. There are several bends and light creases on both front cover and back cover. Single staple has a small tear but is still hanging on as well as a tight centerfold. Interior paper is very lightly tanned but supple and easily handled.

The word is out about this book. It is a perfect candidate for a Stan signature. I had him sign a few copies (in ballpoint pen at the bottom of the story) many years ago when he did it for free. He got a real kick out of it because he had totally forgotton about the book. I believe I called him a dirty old man which really made him laugh. It was my Stan Lee moment and a whole lot of fun. With Stan announcing his swansong as far as signings go, I can't think of a cooler book it get signed. This is the last copy I will be selling on the boards. So buy it or try and outbid me next time one comes up for auction which is rare.

WAS $250. NOW $175.00

margie36a_zpsgsign29w.jpg

margie36b_zpsykylzern.jpg

margie36c_zpsy5dpivvz.jpg

margie36d_zpsylrg4td5.jpg

margie36b_zps76nxwy2v.jpg

OK, I return you back to your regularly scheduled programming. Thanks to all you have bought stuff or just lurked and had some fun.

I will let this stuff simmer tomorrow then send out invoices either tomorrow night or on Monday.

"Pick the Carcass" as my buddy Catrick says... Lots of cool stuff still un-spoken for.

Until next time my friends...

Wings Comics #92 April 1948

Beautiful Bob Lubbers GGA cover and GGA throughout. That "sweet spot" for this title. Outstanding color which is rare for Friction House books.

A, clean solid, bright, clean complete copy. Has some minor spine wear. A very light fade spot at top right front cover. Has a tiny"bump" at top of spine. Has a neat 3/4" edge tear in back cover. Slight spine roll. Book and centerfold bound well to covers. Interior paper is slightly yellowed but supple with no tears or creases. A lovely copy.

$75.00

wings92a_zpsntyk8efs.jpg

wings92b_zpswqneoljh.jpg

:takeit:, Thanks!

Thanks Kevin, she's all yours, Keep 'em Flyin'

War Battles #5 July 1952 Harvey Publications

Awsome, colorful flamethrower cover. Very violent stuff throughout.

A very pretty book. Maybe the nicest shape comic I will list today. Bright, flat, clean very glossy, tight spine and complete. No tears or creases. Blinding color! Has a couple small spine bends and a very tiny spine abrasion at bottom. Tight and well bound to covers. Interior paper is just slightly yellowed but fresh and supple. Interior of last page has a tiny 1/8" chip out of edge. VERY tiny chip out of top of back cover as well. Might be a file copy but maybe not due to the fresh paper. One of my favorite war books.

$75.00 (below guide)

warbattles1_zpsawbojpyj.jpg

warbattles2_zps35rvnknc.jpg

:takeit:

War Battles #5 July 1952 Harvey Publications

Awsome, colorful flamethrower cover. Very violent stuff throughout.

A very pretty book. Maybe the nicest shape comic I will list today. Bright, flat, clean very glossy, tight spine and complete. No tears or creases. Blinding color! Has a couple small spine bends and a very tiny spine abrasion at bottom. Tight and well bound to covers. Interior paper is just slightly yellowed but fresh and supple. Interior of last page has a tiny 1/8" chip out of edge. VERY tiny chip out of top of back cover as well. Might be a file copy but maybe not due to the fresh paper. One of my favorite war books.

$75.00 (below guide)

warbattles1_zpsawbojpyj.jpg

:takeit:

warbattles2_zps35rvnknc.jpg

Sold to Jhutton2. Many thanks for your purchase!

see my claim,last page...

Haha, I just noticed. That is too funny, it must be something in our water :headbang:

Dildoing together!