• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED for Business! Junk Pile Sale! Summer Madness Mags, Premiums & Old Comics!

117 posts in this topic

Hey fellow junkies, I thought it might be a good time to post some more interesting junk from the 'ole pile. This time is some new stuff, some relists, some stuff buried deep in boxes. I've got Girly mags, Premiums, Other mags and of course a healthy dose of old funny books. I will put out a few tonight to whet your appitite, a whole bunch most of the day tomorrow and finish up Sunday with the rest. Lots of unusual stuff here kids. Have fun!

Rules:

No problem children or HOS members.

Postage is $5.00 each for comics, very well packaged. I will combine postage on multiple purchases. All will come with tracking.

I prefer to sell only to US addresses but might make an exception if I know you.

PM's and offers... I am trying to sell this stuff and want to get as much listed as I can. I try to price fairly. I probably won't have a lot of time to review PMs if I want to get this stuff listed. An "I'LL TAKE IT" icon takes it first. So, keep that in mind if you want something. When I get done, I will review PMs (in order of when they came in). If you have a question (other than a lower offer) post it and I will try to answer you.

Payment is by PayPal within 3 days FIRM. I will also take checks and money orders if you let me know after I send you an invoice.

Returns: No hassle returns within two weeks from when tracking says it was delivered. Return postage is on you unless I make a gross error and in that case I will "man-up" and pay return postage. I don't expect any returns though as I've only had 3 or 4 in 40 years.

This stuff all comes from a smoke filled, varmit infested, mouldy junk house. (Just kidding!) Here we go...

Chamber of Chills #24 (#4)

December 1951 Harvey Pubs. Weird bondage cover. Love the creature smiling in the cage!

A nice, bright, clean, complete copy. Has a neat 1" upper spine split, a couple tiny edge tears and a tiny chip out of right side. A few creases that do not break color. Has a small, light waterstain in upper right back cover. Average general wear. Book and centerfold are still bound well to covers. Interior paper is yellowing but supple with nothing missing.

WAS $40.00 NOW $35.00

chamberofchills24a_zpsgqx93vdy.jpg

chamberofchills24b_zpsfpcomlkc.jpg

Frauds Girly Digest #8 Feb 1957

Sexy Lili Christine cover, Burlesque, girls, I Love Lucy feature, Bettie Page inside back cover and current stories of the era.

A clean, complete, bright copy. Has a couple tiny edge chips, a very small upper spine tear and light general wear. Pages are yellowed but supple with no tears or creases.

WAS $15.00. NOW $10.00 + $2.50 postage

fraudsdigest_zpsfmyjyvuj.jpg

Commander Battle & His Atomic Sub #3

Nov-Dec 1954 ACG Pubs. Classic red scare "Atomic Bomb from the Moon!" cover. "Red Scare" stories. I wouldn't sell this but I just got a nicer one.

A nice, clean, bright, complete copy. A very neat 3-1/2" lower spine split. Some very minor chipping at top of cover. And a few small ones at bottom of back cover. Right edge has a very small "bundle indent". Book and centerfold are still holding on well to covers. Interior paper is yellowed but supple and clean.

$35.00

commanderbattle1_zpsdassdeum.jpg

commanderbattle2_zpsfebz9mcw.jpg

Shock Magazine #1 May 1969

Grusome pre-code horror reprints from Gilmore, Stanley Pubs and others. Heads on sticks, Voodoo, gored with a sword ect. You know the stuff.

A beautiful, clean, glossy, complete copy. Has a few tiny bends at spine that do not break color and a tiny lower spine "bump". No tears or creases and sharp corners. Mag and centerfold are bound tight to covers. Interior paper is white with no tears or creases. A beautiful copy!

WAS $35.00 NOW $30.00

shockmag1_zpsgwx4bbiy.jpg

SOLD!

Wings Comics #92 April 1948

Beautiful Bob Lubbers GGA cover and GGA throughout. That "sweet spot" for this title. Outstanding color which is rare for Friction House books.

A, clean solid, bright, clean complete copy. Has some minor spine wear. A very light fade spot at top right front cover. Has a tiny"bump" at top of spine. Has a neat 3/4" edge tear in back cover. Slight spine roll. Book and centerfold bound well to covers. Interior paper is slightly yellowed but supple with no tears or creases. A lovely copy.

$75.00

wings92a_zpsntyk8efs.jpg

wings92b_zpswqneoljh.jpg

1940's Bugs Bunny Looney Tunes Subscription Pinback button

A beautiful, bright example. Has just a very tiny, light foxing spot at 8:00. Otherwise, un-used.

bugspin_zps4gp8yyuj.jpg

$40.00 + $2.50 postage

:takeit:

A beautiful, bright example. Has just a very tiny, light foxing spot at 8:00. Otherwise, un-used.

bugspin_zps4gp8yyuj.jpg

$40.00 + $2.50 postage

I couldn't think of a better home for this. Thanks Corey!

bugspin_zps4gp8yyuj.jpg

$40.00 + $2.50 postage

I couldn't think of a better home for this. Thanks Corey!

Exactly what I was thinking!! Great pickup Corey and cool stuff as usual RM :popcorn:

bugspin_zps4gp8yyuj.jpg

$40.00 + $2.50 postage

I knew when I saw on the first page that this had sold who nabbed it. :D

Great pickup!

SOLD!

'Morning gang. Got a lot of weird stuff for you today. I hope to get it all up today but it might even spill over into tomorrow...

First up a great one!

TV Teens #5 Oct-Nov 1954

Classic "boob grab" cover. Betty and Me #16 gets all the love but I like this one a lot better. It is also MUCH harder to find. GGA and a story about comic books!

A flat, bright, complete copy. Has a couple small tears at top staple. A lower left spine bump. Numerous small dents, creases and a bit wavy like hit has been exposed to humidity. No waterstaining but just wavy.Book and centerfold still well attached to covers. Interior paper is yellowed but nice and supple with no major flaws. You will probably have to look long and hard to find another copy of this classic.

$50.00

tvteens1_zpsif0zeude.jpg

tvteens2_zpsxfhsmfib.jpg

SOLD!

Virgin Planet Paperback Book Becon Books #270 1960

Great GGA cover of hot girls with a lucky tied up guy!

Beautiful, un-read copy. Perfect spine that is un-cracked and tight. No creases or tears. Supple interior paper. PB's just rarely come nicer!

$15.00 + $2.50 postage

virginplanet_zpsan1ys5bm.jpg

Weird Science #7 May-June 1951 EC Publications.

A nice, clean low grade reader. Covers are neatly split apart and detached. Has a small corner out of top right corner. Other than, that, complete and nice interior paper.

Looks great "in the bag"

$25.00

weirdscience7a_zpsf65bwmme.jpg

weirdscience7b_zps42wllcpe.jpg

Chilling Tales of Horror Magazine #1 June 1969 Stanley Publications.

Classic reprints of the real gory pre-code horror books like Mr. Mystery, Weird Mysteries ect. Whipping, bondage, man eaten alive by a school of fish, guy getting his throat ripped open by a cat... you know the drill.

A beautiful, clean, flat, glossy, complete copy. Has some lower left spine wrinkling and a couple thumb bends on spine. Small lower right corner crease that does not break color. No tears, other creases or missing pieces. Book and centerfold still tight to covers. Interior pages are fresh and white. Nice copy.

WAS $35.00 NOW $30.00

chillingtalesmag3_zpsxy3ky8it.jpg