• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED for Business! Junk Pile Sale! Summer Madness Mags, Premiums & Old Comics!

117 posts in this topic

Authentic Police Cases #11 Feb 1951 St. John Publications.

I bought this from one of Catrick's Cornacopia sales real fast, not realizing that I already had a better one. Awsome Matt Baker good girl art cover. These are very under rated I think.

This is a real beater but complete with a nice cover. Numerous, small creases, tears and some small tape at top of spine. Spine is a mess and book is detached from cover. Back cover looks trimmed down one whole side. Interior paper is a little tanned and dirty. A mess, but looks OK for display and what a great cover.

WAS $35.00 (what I paid) NOW $30.00 (less than I paid!)

authpolicecases_zpsqh6unprc.jpg

authpolicecases1_zpsvdn3npxe.jpg

Real Screen Fun Magazine June 1936

A pulp like Girly Magazine with a nice airbrush pin-up cover. Very sexy contents with dancing girls, stockings and garters and seductive poses. Stories, gags and cartoons. Lots of sexy girl photos.

A nice, tight, clean complete copy. Has a small chip out of bottom of spine, a long "subscription" crease in center and other minor reading and handling wear. No other pieces missing or major tears or creases. Bound well to covers. Interior pages are yellowing but supple.

$25.00

screenfunmag_zpssoie9jea.jpg

1941 All American Comics Hop Harrigan Flying Club Patch. Was part of the membership kit you could send away for during the war.

Patch is neatly cut just above the "Keep 'em Flying" message at bottom. Otherwise, bright and un-used. Looks and displays nice in the holder though. Scarce in any condition.

$20.00 + $2.50 postage

allamericanpatch_zpshb1ueefc.jpg

SOLD!

Ghost Comics #2 1952 Friction House Pubs

One of the best covers on this hot title. Great art inside as well.

A clean, bright, complete copy. Top staple has popped loose. Light spine rubbing and wear. Lower right corner has an old crease about 2" long that does not break color. Some light cover wrinkles and just a couple very tiny edge tears. Book and centerfold still bound well to covers. Interior paper is yellowed but supple with nothing missing. One of those books that just keeps going up in price...

$125.

ghost2a_zpsu0fnlqv2.jpg

ghost2b_zpsjho7vzt9.jpg

SOLD!

Edison The Man Who Changed the World by Reddy Killowatt 1947 EC Publications

Scarce EC giveaway with the classic Reddy Killowatt character.

A beautiful, clean, flat complete copy with white to off white paper. 16 pages, self cover. Has a 5 cents cover price but these were given away in schools. Hard to find a nicer one.

WAS $70.00 NOW $60.00

reddykillowattcomic1_zpsovaugvrw.jpg

reddykillowattcomic2_zpsjx3oyodl.jpg

SOLD!

Here's something you don't see for sale on the boards...

Popeye 1944 Syroco Figure

5" tall. Made of composition wood and glue. Handpainted. Great figure of the 'ole spinach eater. Has full paint and clean. A couple of very tiny base chips but figure is un=broken and nice. Somebody glued green felt to bottom of base. Displays well. If I didn't have another one, this would be staying in the junk pile!

$50.00

popeyesyrocco1_zpsgilqkjjb.jpg

popeyesyrocco2_zpsvtymrzn9.jpg

popeyesyrocco3_zps29q33nff.jpg

popeyesyrocco4_zpstpwj5iyy.jpg

'Morning gang. Got a lot of weird stuff for you today. I hope to get it all up today but it might even spill over into tomorrow...

First up a great one!

TV Teens #5 Oct-Nov 1954

Classic "boob grab" cover. Betty and Me #16 gets all the love but I like this one a lot better. It is also MUCH harder to find. GGA and a story about comic books!

A flat, bright, complete copy. Has a couple small tears at top staple. A lower left spine bump. Numerous small dents, creases and a bit wavy like hit has been exposed to humidity. No waterstaining but just wavy.Book and centerfold still well attached to covers. Interior paper is yellowed but nice and supple with no major flaws. You will probably have to look long and hard to find another copy of this classic.

$50.00

tvteens1_zpsif0zeude.jpg

tvteens2_zpsxfhsmfib.jpg [/quote)

Take it if available

The Monster Times Magazine #10 1972

Large tabloid issue with a full issue devoted to EC Comics

Paper is yellowed and has a few small edge tears and reading wear. A sound copy of a great read. Must have for EC fans.

WAS $20.00 NOW $15.00

monstertimesec_zpspjojva7a.jpg

'Morning gang. Got a lot of weird stuff for you today. I hope to get it all up today but it might even spill over into tomorrow...

First up a great one!

TV Teens #5 Oct-Nov 1954

Classic "boob grab" cover. Betty and Me #16 gets all the love but I like this one a lot better. It is also MUCH harder to find. GGA and a story about comic books!

A flat, bright, complete copy. Has a couple small tears at top staple. A lower left spine bump. Numerous small dents, creases and a bit wavy like hit has been exposed to humidity. No waterstaining but just wavy.Book and centerfold still well attached to covers. Interior paper is yellowed but nice and supple with no major flaws. You will probably have to look long and hard to find another copy of this classic.

$50.00

tvteens1_zpsif0zeude.jpg

tvteens2_zpsxfhsmfib.jpg [/quote)

Take it if available

It's all yours Rick. Smart purchase!

Secret Love #3 Sept 1957 Ajax/Farrell Pubs

Scarce Ajax romance book. Has the sad, crying girl with girls snickering and gossiping behind her back on cover. Lots of crying and love inside...

A very colorful, bright clean copy. Colors just jump off this one. It is missing the back cover and last page has a neat 4" tear down from top. A couple small pieces out of last page top and bottom that do not interfeer with the art. Front cover is still nicely attached to book. Interior paper is yellowed but supple. Displays great "in the bag".

WAS $12.00 NOW $10.00

secretlove1_zpsaqkl68kv.jpg

secretlove2_zps4ve8soaw.jpg

Capt. Midnight 1942 Secret Code Book and Manual

Awsome, WWII Ovaltine premium. Very colorful and full of "secret stuff" for members.

Shows other premiums you could also send away for to show your patriotism.

This has unfortunately had some water damage throughout. It is still a sound copy and very colorful. A great piece none the less. These go a lot higher in nice condition.

$30.00 + $2.50 postage

captmidnightmanual1_zpsyhwmsqen.jpg

captmidnightmanual2_zpskm7mtfnx.jpg

captmidnightmanual3_zps9mmjqqua.jpg

Journey into Unknown Worlds #12 Aug 1952 Atlas Publications

Cool cover with Krigstein story.

A clean, bright complete copy. Has a 1" lower spine split, an extra staple at top and general spine wear. A few tiny edge tears and a few small lower right corner creases. Back cover has a small 1" square piece out of lower spine. Book and centerfold bound well to covers. Interior paper is yellowed but supple and clean.

$40.00

journeyunknownworlds1_zpshxsr8us6.jpg

journeyunknownworlds2_zpsaf1hrtgm.jpg

YAK YAK Four Color #1186 (#1) 1961 Dell Publications

Awsome Jack Davis book I featured last week in my junk thread. All Davis art cover to cover. Kind of a MAD Comic homage by Jack. Full of great art and funny stories featuring Beatniks and other subject matter from theera. Highly recomeconded!

A nice. clean, tight, complete copy. Has some very light spine wear and corner bumps top and bottom of spine. A long very light corner crease on front cover that does not break color. Back cover has a small 1/4" square off bottom of spine. Book and centerfold bound well to covers. Interior paper is yellowed but supple.

$25.00

yakyak1_zpstvtmmyss.jpg

yakyak2_zpsmlaaruhq.jpg

Virgin Planet Paperback Book Becon Books #270 1960

Great GGA cover of hot girls with a lucky tied up guy!

Beautiful, un-read copy. Perfect spine that is un-cracked and tight. No creases or tears. Supple interior paper. PB's just rarely come nicer!

$15.00 + $2.50 postage

virginplanet_zpsan1ys5bm.jpg

...yer killin' me, Bob.................... :takeit: ....and why is Popeye still here ? ....that thing is awesome...... if you can wait two weeks, I'll take him as well........... GOD BLESS.....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

SOLD!

Fever Girly Digest #2 1959 Zee Zee Publications

Odd size 5" x 8-1/4". Full of sexy, nude photos of strippers and hot babes including a personal favorite Lili St. Cyr. Has a couple weak stories and cartoons but mostly great stripper photos.

A clean, tight copy with just minor edge wear. Interior paper is white and fresh.

$15.00 + $2.50 postage

feverdigest_zpszijmvzur.jpg