• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What did you win in the Heritage auction?

36 posts in this topic

Batman #11 CGC 7.0

World's Finest #74 CGC 8.0 highest graded

:cry: If I had known how high the Batman 44 would go, I would have bid more.

I'm glad you didn't. I don't think I could find a nicer 7.0.

I am really amazed by the price of the Startling Comics #49 (CGC 9.6). With the buyer's premium, it sold for over $100,000. Previous copies in high grade (9.4's) sold in the $15,000 range. So.....wow. Is this an anomaly caused by two very competitive bidders, or because of the mintiness of the copy, or has the value of this issue gone up across the board?

163818.jpg.7b6afb504129eb7c908e6b488a20a373.jpg

163819.jpg.3486615564c800ebda89aa45407f6069.jpg

I am really amazed by the price of the Startling Comics #49 (CGC 9.6). With the buyer's premium, it sold for over $100,000. Previous copies in high grade (9.4's) sold in the $15,000 range. So.....wow. Is this an anomaly caused by two very competitive bidders, or because of the mintiness of the copy, or has the value of this issue gone up across the board?

Being the Church copy had a lot to do with it, I think.

I agree.

That said, I still think it is an extremely high price.

I agree.

Its the best copy in existence, but ya, once it went over 50K the owner is now a life long owner of that book.

I bid on the coverless AC1.

Had the high bid when internet bidding ended.

Was not near a computer when live bidding was conducted on that one.

I saw 2 or 3 other books, I had interest in, but prices were too high.

I think sometimes people bid more in an auction than they would pay for the same exact book from a dealer at a convention, just for the "thrill" of "winning" in the auction. Auctions get the competitive blood flowing and that sometimes drives prices beyond where they should reasonably be. That is my 2 cents.

As for me, sadly I did not end up with the AC1 or anything else.

I was hoping you would end up with that.

I agree.

Its the best copy in existence, but ya, once it went over 50K the owner is now a life long owner of that book.

Slight correction on your statement above. It is only tied for the current best copy in existence as there are 2 copies in 9.6 graded condition. :gossip:

Considering that this is not even the single highest graded copy in existence plus the fact there are another 2 copies nipping right at its heels in 9.4 graded condition, this final price of over $100K is indeed a bit of a shocker. Especially if you also take into account that the 9.4 copy shown above as selling for over $16K back in 2005 resulted in a big loss for the buyer as it was flipped out for less than $10K only a year later. :o

No doubt having the prized spot of being right on the front cover of the auction catalogue was a big boost to its final number. Didn't seem to help the 8.5 Stan Lee signed copy of AF 15 though, which had the inside front cover, as this so-called in-demand SA key finished up at less than 70% of its condition guide value. :o:o

Starting to feel a bit like the mid-90's near the end of the bull run in prices for comics when the heat finally cycled through big time to the GA books and in particular, to the classic cover books. Hopefully, we aren't looking at the end of the story, similar to what happened towards the end of the 90's. :tonofbricks::wishluck: