• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman: The Killing Joke cover art

85 posts in this topic

I think the page and the cover would be pretty even odds at auction as to which finishes higher. They would probably finish fairly close.

Where do you think the cover and the page would end up in price? (shrug)

I think the page and the cover would be pretty even odds at auction as to which finishes higher. They would probably finish fairly close.

18o56n.jpg

Poll time

18o56n.jpg

Dammit, you had to beat me to an Oleg reference! lol

I think the cover would go for more.

What's the top price paid for a KJ Panel page to this point? Or, a range? I thought I remember seeing that 20-25K was basically the entry level. Is that still about right?

What's the top price paid for a KJ Panel page to this point? Or, a range? I thought I remember seeing that 20-25K was basically the entry level. Is that still about right?

A joker not in costume, no batman page went for 20k on HA maybe three years ago?

A joker not in costume, no batman page went for 20k on HA maybe three years ago?

make that 19k and 4 years

http://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/brian-bolland-batman-the-killing-joke-page-9-original-art-dc-1988-/a/7059-92038.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

In increasing demand and value:

There are no character pages. Then Joker before he became Joker pages. Then Batman pages. Then there are Joker pages. Then there are Batman vs. Joker pages.....then there's THAT JOKER PAGE.

4+ years ago one of the pre-Joker pages (the pages with his wife, weeping, etc) went for just short of $20k..

Joker shooting Barbara page was $108k pretty much exactly 2 years ago.

Those are just the public sales.

Basically, it's like any other work. The gap between entry level and iconic isn't incremental, it's exponential.

In increasing demand and value:

There are no character pages. Then Joker before he became Joker pages. Then Batman pages. Then there are Joker pages. Then there are Batman vs. Joker pages.....then there's THAT JOKER PAGE.

4+ years ago one of the pre-Joker pages (the pages with his wife, weeping, etc) went for just short of $20k..

Joker shooting Barbara page was $108k pretty much exactly 2 years ago.

Those are just the public sales.

Basically, like any other work. The gap between entry level and iconic isn't incremental, it's exponential.

Most definitely. Just trying to get a rough baseline/starting point. The pages from this book are so far out of my range, I've never really bothered to follow the sales.

Makes me sad. :cry:

In my far less than professional opinion $450-500k with them finishing within 10% of each other.

IMO, the page could reach that kind of level (though, my guess would be more like $350K, plus or minus $100K, so $250-$450K), but the cover most likely would reach that level and quite possibly more. So, I'd take the cover. And then I'd shop it privately for a million bucks. :banana:

Basically, it's like any other work. The gap between entry level and iconic isn't incremental, it's exponential.

Where would the Joker shooting Barbara page rank? hm

I think some would rank it as the second most desirable. For mer personally it wouldn't be top 5 and MAYBE not top 10.

interesting how on the poll results so far we more or less have the beginnings a bell curve for the cover but the panel results are scattershot.

18o56n.jpg

Oleg references. :cloud9: