• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: High grade WWBN #32 but ... distro ink!

10 posts in this topic

I have Inhumans 1 in 9.4 or so with at least the same amount of heavy overspray, so opinions of those with an informed opinion would be doubly appreciated.

From what little I've gathered, I understand that it doesn't affect grade but it's obvious and visible, thus is enough for collector to see the paint.

I have Inhumans 1 in 9.4 or so with at least the same amount of heavy overspray, so opinions of those with an informed opinion would be doubly appreciated.

From what little I've gathered, I understand that it doesn't affect grade but it's obvious and visible, thus is enough for collector to see the paint.

Only to a point. That much overspray will definitely affect that grade. I doubt that WWBN gets higher than a VF.

It does say read in the .92 guide that in order for it to be an 8.0, "no obvious soiling, staining or other discoloration, except for minor foxing". Based on that 7.5 at best?

It's just that everything else is oh, so nice.

Thanks for everyone's feedback so far. I've heard a number of different opinions on distro ink and it's effect on CGC grades.

This post was from a couple of years ago. I don't think the amount of ink on this book could be considered minor or if CGC's policy has changed but I'd still like to hear's people's opinions.

In general CGC deducts little for it if it's minor, I've seen plenty of CGC 9.8 books that have some distributor's ink on the edge.

Such a shame the ink bled all over this copy. It really is a great looking book. Maybe I will just stick it in a mylar and avoid looking at the back cover. hm

It does say read in the .92 guide that in order for it to be an 8.0, "no obvious soiling, staining or other discoloration, except for minor foxing". Based on that 7.5 at best?

It's just that everything else is oh, so nice.

Overstreet and CGC do not have the same grading standards.

I have a Spidey 121 with similar overspray down the spine but not across the top and bottom. An otherwise (what I thought) was a 9.4, came back an 8.0. I think you have the right idea, put in a mylite 2 and forgetaboutit. Front actually still presents very nicely.