• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tales To Astonish #57, Is This The Best TTA Issue?

12 posts in this topic

I recently read a copy of Tales to Astonish #27 & a few others (great books!), but as a former-fan of this title, I've sold & traded off several of this title from my collection, and focused my attention on TTA #57. I sold my slabbed 9.2 of this book & upgraded recently to a truly beautiful copy that I want to commend CGC staff on. This book seems to me to be one of the few TTA's in high demand that has some solid potential in terms of scarcity & value. The book appears scarce in any grade from my observations, but have any forum members run across these in high grades? I sold off my three copies on e-bay, one slabbed the other two strictly graded raw. Haven't seen another, except the Heritage copy from their book/catalog. Thanks

tta57.jpg

I would love to have that book, I really wanted the Green River copy that Harley had but I completely forgot about it and never bid. Then the next one ended up going for over 1k, would gladly pay 800 or 900 for it though. Great cover, great Spiderman appearance, tough find. Did you buy yours on eBay?

Brian

gorgo,

while TTA 57 is a bonafide key for spidey making an appearence in the title, i still think TTA 59 is the best issue. reason being is the great battle issue between hulkie and giant man, even the cover is better, not to mention hulkie's first appearence in the title. i'd personally would rather have a CGC NM 9.4 copy of TTA 59 than TTA 57, but that's just me. blush.gifsmile.giflaugh.gif beautifuk book BTW grin.gif

pimpy

Wow that is a nice copy. It's nice to see a book that is a solid 9.4 and not one that somehow was upgraded from a 9.2 though the generosity of CGC. I am certainly torn as for my top pick as well, but no mater, which you prefer (TTA#57 or TTA#59), the upside potential is there. grin.gif

Hey is that a pic of you Supap? Your new avatar may be a trademark infringement or something! I think my lats are bigger - no tht's my delts! Anyway, I have never read the story in 57 as the only copy I have ever had is a slabbed 9.2. I like the covers on 60,67, 75,79, 91,93 and 100 more as I like Hulk better than Spidey and could care less about GiantMan. Although 60 and 67 are the split covers, they have some of the classic Kirby Hulk images - the all-time great being 67 where he is leaping and being chased by planes! But of course 57 is valued higher so i guess that is what counts.

Hey is that a pic of you Supap?

no clobby, that is a picture of another forum member, take a wild guess of who it might be? grin.gif

But of course 57 is valued higher so i guess that is what counts

your wrong clobby, according to last years overstreet, TTA 59 is $180 while TTA 57 is $140. blush.giftongue.gifgrin.gif

Nice book.

Yeah, 57 is tough in NM 9.4 up but as gman said, they do come up from time to time. I think I've seen about 3 other NM 9.4's available for sale at different times, although they may not have all been different copies.

But as far as tough keys go, 59 is very tough and 60 is even tougher. I think the highest graded #60 I've seen was a CGC 9.2, and that was only once. I still wish I had jumped on it then. It was over a year ago, and I haven't seen a copy nearly as nice since.

There may be better stories in the TTA run, but #57 is always gonna be the most collectable with the early Spider-Man app.

You can always rely on Spidey's greater popularity than all other characters in the run to make this book the most sort after, and therefore valuable.