• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Steel Valley Comic Con - anyone going?

8 posts in this topic

Steel Valley Comic Con is this weekend in Monroeville, PA. Has anyone been to the show? Is there much gold or silve age books at the show. It is a 90 minute drive and I am debating between this and the local one day show in Strongsville tomorrow. It seems like a large show, but I never hear anything about it.

There is a long time seller who is usually there named George that has the best selection of old books. His grading is also very accurate. Otherwise most of the comics are moderns. The show was originally a toy show with comics only as secondary focus. In more recent years the emphasis has switched to celebrities.

Steel Valley Comic Con is this weekend in Monroeville, PA. Has anyone been to the show? Is there much gold or silve age books at the show. It is a 90 minute drive and I am debating between this and the local one day show in Strongsville tomorrow. It seems like a large show, but I never hear anything about it.

I've posted about four reports after attending this show.

:gossip: Steel CITY

I've found Steel City to be a terrible show to buy books. Very small selection of dealers and prices tend to be fairly high. Half the show is usually toys and such so I've avoided going the last few shows.