• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why is there no Platinum Age Forum?
5 5

239 posts in this topic

Thanks for the extra pictures! It looks fun and really uses the entire page in the book. This seems to be work original to this book, no?
Glad you liked them. Yes, it seems to be a complete original comic novelette. ;)

Thank you so much for the viewing. A refreshing change from the price wars on the Silver/Bronze threads. (thumbs u

Collecting Plats over the years has been a real adventure. Years ago there were only a few collectors and you were more likely to find a book in an antique store than a comic book store. However, because of the general lack of interest, it was had to find books. Over the years, the number of collectors has grown and so has the availability of books.

Those 11x17 oblong reprint books are beautiful. They were printed on slick paper and the colors are still as nice as when they were published. They are very hard to find in high grade as the cardboard cover probably bent the first time they were read, but nice collector copies can be found with patience. An obvious plus is that they reprinted the most popular titles of the day so they give you a great sample of the best of the early comics. Just collecting these would build a beautiful collection but there were lot of other titles, both with reprints and original art, in a great variety of sizes.

Weird Paper

any chance of seeing Buck Rogers pop ups?

It's in a cabinet with the opening against the wall, so it's kind of hard to get to. Next time I have it pushed away from the wall and open, I'll take some pics.

1395888-topshelftoycase.jpg

Edited by Weird Paper

Thanks for the extra pictures! It looks fun and really uses the entire page in the book. This seems to be work original to this book, no?
Glad you liked them. Yes, it seems to be a complete original comic novelette. ;)

Sure. What's not to like? It looks fun and really good in the context of that time period.

I mean compare this page:

164048.jpg

to early Centaur covers. I mean for example Schwabb's cover for Star Ranger # 10 (esp. the guy on the left) - http://www.comics.org/issue/275/cover/4/

or closer even, this Jack Cole on Star Ranger Funnies. This is the same style - Heck, compare the Jack Cole to the published book and you see it's superior already in the expressions he puts on the Star Ranger cover. That's how good from the start Cole was!

http://www.comics.org/issue/395/cover/4/

2694437-star201.jpg

I love Platinum age and what really really gets to me is when I see a bunch of modern age comics in the platinum age section on Ebay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Outcault001_zps81133f28.jpg

Ever since I first saw your beautiful color Outcault Lecture Series card, I have been looking for one without any success. It is such a great piece!

Sure. What's not to like? It looks fun and really good in the context of that time period.

I mean compare this page:

164048.jpg

to early Centaur covers. I mean for example Schwabb's cover for Star Ranger # 10 (esp. the guy on the left) - http://www.comics.org/issue/275/cover/4/

or closer even, this Jack Cole on Star Ranger Funnies. This is the same style - Heck, compare the Jack Cole to the published book and you see it's superior already in the expressions he puts on the Star Ranger cover. That's how good from the start Cole was!

http://www.comics.org/issue/395/cover/4/

2694437-star201.jpg

That srf 2/1 is last I need!

Weird Paper

any chance of seeing Buck Rogers pop ups?

It's in a cabinet with the opening against the wall, so it's kind of hard to get to. Next time I have it pushed away from the wall and open, I'll take some pics.

1395888-topshelftoycase.jpg

Hummmm, I love that picture!

Here's a few more.

1396010-3rdshelftoycase.jpg

1396291-dagwoodplane.jpg

1397491-2ndshelftoycase.jpg