• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GL 1 cgc 9.0 on the bay

55 posts in this topic

lol

awesome !

appropriate reply would be: "or maybe I'll take that German newspaper you want to send me and shove it up your azz"

EBay does a terrible job policing there site which is why they have several lawsuits for allowing fake merchandise to be sold on their site. Even having a community report stuff often results in nothing being done.

Here is the response I got when I said I could pick the book up in person

Hi,

I´m disagree with the collection of the comic, cause I´m a woman living alone! It´s such an absolute value...I´m afraid of this!

Perhaps you´re a scammer or even a killer, maybe..maybe not. It is dangerous. I only send the comic by post after payment receipt.

So, either get in or get out. Sorry...

It's Ulthe.

Hi not that it matters but I bought this book two years ago perhaps three when it was listed from Germany with the exact same photo. I paid 15,650 as I remember sent in two separate payments keeping below the PayPal refund limit at the time. I paused on sending the second payment by a hour or so and received a testy reply to finish the deal . I had asked before bidding several questions which of course he Ignored, though once I won received several questions on how and when I was going to pay. I asked for a traceable confirmation and over night shipping to which he agreed but never complied. I sent the payment and waited and waited. He eventually shipped book the slowest way possible and multiple calls to Germany to their postal service could only confirm that it was in the system. I received the package about 6 weeks later , lots of local newspaper and 1 can of corn was within. I still have the box and corn , a reminder that a fool and his money is soon parted. I received my refund 3 weeks after reporting the seller. He relisted the book with the same picture 3 times over the next few months , I called each time to report him, the eBay representative with my persistence would bump me up to the supervisor who always wondered why I was so sure it was the same book. I explained each time the cgc I'd number was the same and unique and the pictures were exactly the same only the German seller was different. I never remember the auctions being stopped. I suspect a lot of collectors out there have there own special can of corn. My story ended happily a few months later when I bought a Green lantern 1 9.0 from comic link ... They sent me the book.

Hi not that it matters but I bought this book two years ago perhaps three when it was listed from Germany with the exact same photo. I paid 15,650 as I remember sent in two separate payments keeping below the PayPal refund limit at the time. I paused on sending the second payment by a hour or so and received a testy reply to finish the deal . I had asked before bidding several questions which of course he Ignored, though once I won received several questions on how and when I was going to pay. I asked for a traceable confirmation and over night shipping to which he agreed but never complied. I sent the payment and waited and waited. He eventually shipped book the slowest way possible and multiple calls to Germany to their postal service could only confirm that it was in the system. I received the package about 6 weeks later , lots of local newspaper and 1 can of corn was within. I still have the box and corn , a reminder that a fool and his money is soon parted. I received my refund 3 weeks after reporting the seller. He relisted the book with the same picture 3 times over the next few months....

Sheesh.

Thanks for sharing this story.

eBay's system for reporting scam listings is broken.

Hi not that it matters but I bought this book two years ago perhaps three when it was listed from Germany with the exact same photo. I paid 15,650 as I remember sent in two separate payments keeping below the PayPal refund limit at the time. I paused on sending the second payment by a hour or so and received a testy reply to finish the deal . I had asked before bidding several questions which of course he Ignored, though once I won received several questions on how and when I was going to pay. I asked for a traceable confirmation and over night shipping to which he agreed but never complied. I sent the payment and waited and waited. He eventually shipped book the slowest way possible and multiple calls to Germany to their postal service could only confirm that it was in the system. I received the package about 6 weeks later , lots of local newspaper and 1 can of corn was within. I still have the box and corn , a reminder that a fool and his money is soon parted. I received my refund 3 weeks after reporting the seller. He relisted the book with the same picture 3 times over the next few months , I called each time to report him, the eBay representative with my persistence would bump me up to the supervisor who always wondered why I was so sure it was the same book. I explained each time the cgc I'd number was the same and unique and the pictures were exactly the same only the German seller was different. I never remember the auctions being stopped. I suspect a lot of collectors out there have there own special can of corn. My story ended happily a few months later when I bought a Green lantern 1 9.0 from comic link ... They sent me the book.

I'm glad you got the refund, but man, what a hassle.

Thank you and it was a hassle. I had to talk with several reps from PayPal and eBay who did not always agree on who was responsible or who was to provide the refund or when it would come. In the end every dollar returned, the frustrating part was there reluctance to take down a obvious scam that others would get sucked in too.

Well the Green Lantern #1 comic arrived in the mail and it is just as described! Now that I have confirmed its authenticity, I am ready to pass along the comic to an interested buyer! My asking price is $23,750. This is a REAL sale and you can TRUST me on this. I am NOT a scammer. Don't believe me? Here is an AUTHENTIC PHOTO of the CGC comic on my floor, with my name next to it!!! It doesn't get any more real than that, folks!!!! (Note that I will only sell via Wire Transfer and don't ask me any questions about meeting in person etc., because I am concerned for my safety due to all the ruffians in this modern world.)

164329.jpg.ffb5b75d60db656d0a0f31b3c21fb954.jpg