• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What would it REALLY take for the Comic OA market to 'Correct?'

165 posts in this topic

19959w.jpg

lol

Now that's not fair. ;)

All I'm saying is that there are people that get introduced to the source material and jump to trophy collecting. That was my experience.

Reading comics was a bonus for me but I have been a comic collector and OA collector since the 80s, merely for the thrill of the hunt.

The reading was secondary.

Anyways, I won't comment anymore because i think I'm up against a majority that is wholly rational.

I disagree with this rational approach but I'm not in the persuading business.

Buy OA/ don't buy OA... Makes no difference to me

U won't have peterG to kick around anymore

I'm off this thread

Actually Peter, I agree. I don't disagree with the logic being presented but I don't come to the same conclusion. I will buy into art pricing regressing but not so significantly as it seems is being theorized. I am not sure of the how, but I feel pretty confident that the hobby might go through some bumps in the road but overall will remain healthy and strong.

Actually Peter, I agree. I don't disagree with the logic being presented but I don't come to the same conclusion. I will buy into art pricing regressing but not so significantly as it seems is being theorized. I am not sure of the how, but I feel pretty confident that the hobby might go through some bumps in the road but overall will remain healthy and strong.

lol

We're cool jade giant

But I'm still off this thread Going forward anyways

My position is an irrational approach

It rubs people the wrong way and I want the discourse to remain clean

Enjoy the weekend !!!

Heck, if you want to look at straight apples-to-apples, just look at what happened to superhero films after Batman & Robin bombed. Things move in cycles, if long-term ones, and interest waxes and wanes over time. Even if superhero films remain relatively popular like hip-hop music, they won't keep going from strength to strength to strength in a straight line (I think the more recent box office results already show the numbers are tailing off a bit).

In 2013, Steven Spielberg said, "We were around when the Western died and there will be a time when the superhero movie goes the way of the Western. It doesn't mean there won't be another occasion where the Western comes back and the superhero movie someday returns."

See:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/steven-spielberg-predicts-superhero-movies-819768

In 2016, it doesn't really matter if Spielberg's prediction is on course. This entire topic is about predictions.

I'm not bringing up the quote because it might support Gene's argument. I'm bringing up the quote because it indicates that Hollywood is concerned about the future of superhero movies. Spielberg was probably not addressing how superhero movies will influence the original comic book art market.