• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Comics #1

147 posts in this topic

You're looking at the Windy City Marvel 1. Sorry for the grainy photos - they were taken in the late 1970s by Ben Stothart, the fellow who secured the collection and sold it to me. This book was sold by Heritage in 2005 for $161,000. It's a shame that the label doesn't state the pedigree.

Gary076.jpg

Gary075.jpg

Gary078.jpg

Gary077.jpg

Personally I could care less about first appearances or "historical significance" of any comic. I'd take a copy of Marvel #1 over Action 1 or Detective 27 or most books like that. They don't interest me, Marvel #1 does. That great Paul cover and I love the Bill Everett art on the sub-mariner.

You're looking at the Windy City Marvel 1. Sorry for the grainy photos - they were taken in the late 1970s by Ben Stothart, the fellow who secured the collection and sold it to me. This book was sold by Heritage in 2005 for $161,000. It's a shame that the label doesn't state the pedigree.

Gary076.jpg

Gary075.jpg

Gary078.jpg

Gary077.jpg

Thanks for posting :cloud9: