• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cerebus #1 Counterfeit Detection...Somewhat O/T

6 posts in this topic

Sorry about this if its off topic, but I figured this was the best place to ask.

Does anyone know how to definitely determine if a Cerebus #1 is counterfeit? I've found several contradictions while searching for info (like silver vs. bronze staples, etc.), but I wanted to get some more info. I' recently saw one and I'm trying to determine if its real or not.

I have always heard the staples thing was true. Basically, the real Cerebus 1 was printed on the cheap and the reprint was of noticeably better quality. Both sides of the cover are glossy on the fake, the real inner cover is not glossy. Also, there is a vertical black line on the real back cover. I don't think the repro has this. It looks like a long, dark smudge.

There is also a difference in the intensity of the Reds on the Front/Back covers - to be honest i've seen comparative scans and i can't see much difference - there was a thread about this topic here at one time which had extensive comparisons - hope that helps. thumbsup2.gif