• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2016 Green Eggs Grading Contest -Round 10

97 posts in this topic

OOOF! Nuked myself this round. I saw what was either a production flaw or tear on the Avengers, went with it being a tear and downgraded (FAIL)

6.0 on the DD..........whoa

as nice as the rest of that book was, I went with production flaw. It was the major concern with that book. All day I was thinking-- I probably guessed wrong and missed this obvious defect.

The Prize Thread- list of prizes is over here.

People that are still awake: Please look at the list and send me a brand new PM with your top 10 choices for prizes. That will make the prize picking go very smoothly. (thumbs u

TheGeneral can pick right away, but everything else gets put on hold until 9 AM tomorrow morning (Eastern).

PM me your picks, guys. :baiting:

If you decide to choose live, just make sure you're there, please. :foryou:

If he got his books graded at the same time, they may have sequential numbers... which some people have used in the past to look up other contest books...

There are many ways to "research" the possible grades.

9.2 and 5.0. I debated 5.5 on the DD with some of the gift grades we've seen but couldn't bring myself to do it! What the devil kind of 6.0 is that?!

A daring one, to be sure

As one who has sold many raw books especially SA MARVEL mid-grade I'd have to admit I'd feel pretty sheepish calling that one a 6.0. But in this case I guessed CGC-right... (shrug)

9.2 and 5.0. I debated 5.5 on the DD with some of the gift grades we've seen but couldn't bring myself to do it! What the devil kind of 6.0 is that?!

A daring one, to be sure

As one who has sold many raw books especially SA MARVEL mid-grade I'd have to admit I'd feel pretty sheepish calling that one a 6.0. But in this case I guessed CGC-right... (shrug)

Tom I haven't seen one of your raw sales threads in quite some time but your descriptive paragraphs is how graders notes should look. You basically write a small love letter to the grade of the book. :hi:

A daring one, to be sure

Tom I haven't seen one of your raw sales threads in quite some time but your descriptive paragraphs is how graders notes should look. You basically write a small love letter to the grade of the book. :hi:

THX for the kudos. Yeah I tried/try to be thorough. Cover to cover notes. And also pretty much sold ALL my raw books to this point :cry:lol

Plan on getting back into it sme day... :wishluck:

Went 9.2 and 4.5. Thought I had at least 6 points on this one. Better luck next year I guess

I had 9.4 and 4.5 so we were close. That DD book just blew me away.

ME TOO! I studied other books for an hour to compare and really felt the DD was a 4.5. I had the other at a 9.0.