• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Undead Thread: Pre-Code Horror
21 21

Favorite Pre-Code Publisher  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Pre-Code Publisher

10,235 posts in this topic

Bling and headlights! yay.gif

Witch & zombies! tongue.gif

I mentioned them because I could never distinguish what that first zombie was looking at.

The bracelet is prominently featured on the cover as well as, *ahem* the lights...

I think this would qualify as pre-code horror. If not, it's a nice Ditko cover with some nice stories inside

Angelo

Personally, I count it. thumbsup2.gif

Cool, wouldn't want to post it in the wrong thread grin.gif

Angelo

Do ANY of the covers from this title really appeal to horror collector's??? tongue.gif

1887388-weirdmyst3.jpg

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Maybe if the had a bloody decapitation cover, otherwise probably not.

stooges.gif

Maybe if the had a bloody decapitation cover, otherwise probably not.

Well, maybe if I could upload an image I could get your opinion on if a particular cover was bloody & decapitated enough. I hate the new board. BOO!!!!

Maybe if the had a bloody decapitation cover, otherwise probably not.

Well, maybe if I could upload an image I could get your opinion on if a particular cover was bloody & decapitated enough. I hate the new board. BOO!!!!

Keith, you can upload scans, just click on File Manager when you reply. A window pops up and you can browse for your file. :grin:

Thanks, Jay! New board is taking some getting used to.

Hey, Adam, is this decapitated enough???

41070-weirdmyst6.jpg

I think so. Let me do some research and get back to you.

I'd use a graemlin to indicate I was just kidding except they look like :censored: .

OK, I finally did it. Not my top 25 covers to purchase, but HG and a title that I think is realistic for me to collect in HG...and the price wasn't too bad either. Be gentle with the pre code newbie.... :blush:

41083-blackcatmystery_34_cgc_9_4_cow_0086512004_a.jpg

Just wait till you go after #50 in 9.4! poke2.gif

Nice book, super grade (still think this is BA horror huh? :grin:), Bondage cover!

[font:Impact] Great Start! [/font]

OK, I finally did it. Not my top 25 covers to purchase, but HG and a title that I think is realistic for me to collect in HG...and the price wasn't too bad either. Be gentle with the pre code newbie.... :blush:

Nice looking book, Sterling! Yes, Harvey books are quite obtainable in HG, along with the EC's.

(thumbs up

Yikes!!! The Graemlins look twisted! Yuck!

Edited by precodekeith

Congratulations, Sterling!!!

I'd toss in a few graemlins but that will have to wait until they fix them.

Edited by adamstrange

Nice looking book, Sterling! Yes, Harvey books are quite obtainable in HG, along with the EC's.

(thumbs up

Yikes!!! The Graemlins look twisted! Yuck!

poke2.gif

:news:

I just watched a show on the History Channel titled "Hell:The Devil's Domain." It was a 2 hour program, and about 1:45 minutes into it they actually briefly discussed pre-code horror comics!!! :crazy:

Wertham & the hearings were mentioned, along with Haunt of Fear & Tales from the Crypt, and there were some nice shots of Crypt of Terror, and a display with NUMEROUS titles from Hand of Fate to Black Magic. Cool!!!