• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Undead Thread: Pre-Code Horror
21 21

Favorite Pre-Code Publisher  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Pre-Code Publisher

10,236 posts in this topic

Eyeballs, devils, vampires, and a bit of whimsy. Adventures Into Terror 5 (Edgar Church copy), Adventures Into Terror 29 (Petaluma copy), Journey Into Unknown Worlds 21 (Petaluma copy), Venus 9 (Okajima copy -- and trust me, the live cover appears much whiter than the scan). Enjoy.

ADT005-MH.jpg

ADT029-PET.jpg

JIUW021-PET.jpg

Venus009Okajima.jpg

yeah, sorry I should have given you credit for originally posting that panel! :foryou:

Maybe you could post the whole story? :wishluck:

No worries - I lost most of my old scans when my computer died a couple years back, but I thought it looked familiar. I haven't unboxed my comics from a recent move, but when I do I'll try to post it.

So is Venus #9 the first time Stan Lee used "Whom the Gods Destroy" as a title - That title had to be used more than once in the Silver Age.

I'm not up to speed on the history of Venus but that cover art is very Asgard inspiring.

Whether or not this is the first time that title was used, Stan obviously remembered to use it in JIM with Thor.

yeah, sorry I should have given you credit for originally posting that panel! :foryou:

Maybe you could post the whole story? :wishluck:

No worries - I lost most of my old scans when my computer died a couple years back, but I thought it looked familiar. I haven't unboxed my comics from a recent move, but when I do I'll try to post it.

(thumbs u :headbang:

Eyeballs, devils, vampires, and a bit of whimsy. Adventures Into Terror 5 (Edgar Church copy), Adventures Into Terror 29 (Petaluma copy), Journey Into Unknown Worlds 21 (Petaluma copy), Venus 9 (Okajima copy -- and trust me, the live cover appears much whiter than the scan). Enjoy.

Heads off!!! Nice indeed! :applause:

Venus 19......all Everett and my second favorite PCH horror cover behind Crime SuspenStories 22. A tough book to find....and I have looked for a very long time. My new favorite.

Scott

CGC 4.0 c/ow pages.

WOOT!!! :banana:

Great cover! Nice copy! (thumbs u

ADT005-MH.jpg

Lovely books ,zzutak, but this one is just too sweet! :headbang: