• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Undead Thread: Pre-Code Horror
21 21

Favorite Pre-Code Publisher  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Pre-Code Publisher

10,235 posts in this topic

Here's one of those Giants that ya just don't see everyday...
That's one of a number of St John covers that. at the time they were printed, give the impression of an even earlier time and focus more on mood and atmosphere than a specific danger. Very nice!

Here's one of those Giants that ya just don't see everyday...

Wow, very cool! Never seen that cover before.

Hard to tell what exactly is going on there. Looks as if they are in a diving bell of some sort and being gased.

Also I see test tubes in the background as if they are in some giant's laboratory! :o

Looks like a Christmas tree ornament to me! And those people are stuck inside it. Awesome cover

Here's a christmas gift I got from my girlfriend which was a pleasant surprise. A nice addition to my mid grade shock suspense run and looks pretty sharp in hand. I really like this cover too even though alot don't. I'll be cracking this one out and giving it a read. I'm really starting to get hooked on these e.c.'s :blush: I know, I know, not important stuff but atleast it keeps the thread alive. :foryou:

sho2317a1.jpg

Here's a christmas gift I got from my girlfriend. A nice addition to my mid grade shock suspense run and looks pretty sharp in hand. I really like this cover too even though alot don't. I'll be cracking this one out and giving it a read. I'm really starting to get hooked on these e.c.'s :blush:

sho2317a1.jpg

The EC's are incredible. They consistently had the best stories and artwork of the precode publishers which is why so much of it has been reprinted. That said, there's nothing like an original book. Congrats on the Christmas gift!

And let me say that this is one of my favorite EC covers. I have a sub collection going of animals getting the better of man. Bear trap mishap...... :cloud9: This along with #9 is at the top of the list.

The thing I've always liked about this cover is how I catch myself looking at the background as much as the main characters. That background is so well drawn with so much detail in it. It looks like something out of a Christmas card. In fact the man's clothes coloring also pushes this holiday theme.... Is that Santa I see flyng across the night sky way back there? :shy:

That Shock 3 is a beauty.

I got these two from my sister for Christmas(well, she gave me the money to get them). They arrived at my house on Christmas eve, and I opened them on Christmas. Nothing special grade wise, but I'm trying to complete a run of the Haunt of Fear, and these two are among my favorites of the run(especially #25):

hau1_299a.jpg

hau1_222a.jpg

Those are both atmospheric covers by Ingels (thumbs u

I got a copy of HOF 25 from Bob Horn(an old time dealer) at a show way back in the late seventies. I read it so many times that I probably degraded it from a VG into a G. Amazing issue!

Dedicated to the delivery systems of the world.

Funny story on this one. Cover completely split, obviously a non-key beater, and I had to brow beat the dealer (won't mention any names) with "or best offers" literally for months to get a reasonable BIN price. Such is life on the Bay. :/

108128.jpg.07346e06e2b226b4e5796184ad81cdbe.jpg

Funny story on this one. Cover completely split, obviously a non-key beater, and I had to brow beat the dealer (won't mention any names) with "or best offers" literally for months to get a reasonable BIN price. Such is life on the Bay. :/

Nice one Keith! Such a great cover! Glad to see you got it for a reasonable price too. :)

I think Russ Heath is one of my favorite PreCode artists. I like the expressions he puts on his characters.

Nice one Keith! Such a great cover! Glad to see you got it for a reasonable price too. :)

I think Russ Heath is one of my favorite PreCode artists. I like the expressions he puts on his characters.

There's a Stan Lee/ Joe Maneely story in that one. All around a very good issue. (thumbs u