• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Undead Thread: Pre-Code Horror
21 21

Favorite Pre-Code Publisher  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Pre-Code Publisher

10,235 posts in this topic

Starting 2007 off with one of the best (if not THE best) covers of the WOM run... Lou Cameron, I believe. hail.gif

1560371-web6.jpg

That is a great horror scene!

The cover, I'm pretty certain, is by Harry Anderson. He was used on far more covers than Cameron and has much more realistic style. Both of these guys are barely known relative to how much good pre-code work they did.

The cover, I'm pretty certain, is by Harry Anderson. He was used on far more covers than Cameron and has much more realistic style. Both of these guys are barely known relative to how much good pre-code work they did.

Great stuff! I was not very familiar with Anderson, so after a little research I've come to the conclusion that you are onto something. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Me either. What issue number is it. Knight covers cloud9.gif

I'll have to double check, but off the top of my head I think it was #4. Ace has that annoying habit of not printing all issue #'s on the front. sumo.gif

here ya' go Keith------

mtales.jpg

New addition for my Original Art collection (currently en route to me in the UK), is an unpublished ACG pre-code Horror cover intended for ADVENTURES INTO THE UNKNOWN (circa 1952), with art by Ken Bald:

2cct7wp.jpg

The issue range, for which this cover was intended would have been #s 28 to 33. Scotty Moore, who I bought the art from, believes # 31.

New addition for my Original Art collection (currently en route to me in the UK), is an unpublished ACG pre-code Horror cover intended for ADVENTURES INTO THE UNKNOWN (circa 1952), with art by Ken Bald:

2cct7wp.jpg

The issue range, for which this cover was intended would have been #s 28 to 33. Scotty Moore, who I bought the art from, believes # 31.

Nice piece! Scotty Moore huh? Glad to see he is still in the hobby. I knew him quite well years ago. He was a big Larson and MLJ guy.

2cct7wp.jpg

Nice piece! Scotty Moore huh? Glad to see he is still in the hobby. I knew him quite well years ago. He was a big Larson and MLJ guy.

Scotty's a super nice guy! Saw him in San Diego again last year -- he seemed thrilled with purchasing his first EC Krigstein story.

2cct7wp.jpg

Scotty's a super nice guy! Saw him in San Diego again last year -- he seemed thrilled with purchasing his first EC Krigstein story.

Does he still look like this?? He is in the purple shirt holding the Exciting Comics.

I snapped this pic over a dozen years ago.

mm0091.jpg

2cct7wp.jpg

Does he still look like this?? He is in the purple shirt holding the Exciting Comics.

I snapped this pic over a dozen years ago.

mm0091.jpg

The hair's a little grayer and thinner but otherwise that's Scotty.

2cct7wp.jpg

Totally agree; Scotty's one of the nicest guys in this hobby. I've acquired a number of originals from Scotty, and he's a real pleasure to do business with.

2cct7wp.jpg

That is a great piece!

thumbsup2.gif

I was checking it out myself, but the fundage is a wee tight right now. crazy.gif