• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Undead Thread: Pre-Code Horror
21 21

Favorite Pre-Code Publisher  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Pre-Code Publisher

10,235 posts in this topic

I love the ace books with cameron art,

Me too! grin.gif

WebMys17v2-1.jpg

Unseen #10 is a great cover. Do you know who the artist is ?

I do not. I may guess Mike Esposito? confused-smiley-013.gif

Adamstrange or Doc V would probably know. gossip.gif

My guess is Jack Katz -- who worked for standard and did other horror covers for them and who is a good enough artist for this exceptional cover.

That's the issue where the inmates run the asylum, as the new director finds out to his mortification.

Interesting tale. The new asylum director does to bed. The inmates wake him up, put him in a coffin, and take him outside. Then, he wakes up to find its all a bad dream. He looks up through the skylight at the night sky. Actually that was the dream. He wakes up for real to find the inmates burying him alive.

devil.gif

That's the issue where the inmates run the asylum, as the new director finds out to his mortification.

Interesting tale. The new asylum director does to bed. The inmates wake him up, put him in a coffin, and take him outside. Then, he wakes up to find its all a bad dream. He looks up through the skylight at the night sky. Actually that was the dream. He wakes up for real to find the inmates burying him alive.

devil.gif

Yes, good story, but not one usually considered an EC "classic" I would say. I think it is called "Star Light, Star Bright." I liked it quite a bit, myself. thumbsup2.gif

Yes, good story, but not one usually considered an EC "classic" I would say. I think it is called "Star Light, Star Bright." I liked it quite a bit, myself. thumbsup2.gif

It was good enough that I still remember it several months after reading it. I still have VoH 36-40 yet to read. I should probably post some reviews of my favorite stories from VoH 27-35. The stories get better and better as the title progresses.

Did we completely skip Strange Tales in the thread? I couldn't find any around where they should be ... confused-smiley-013.gif

I received this in the mail today for the collection - Good enough copy for me considering how high screwy.gif they guide in OSPG - Strange Tales # 5 - Maneely has by far the best job in this book and the DiPreta story is better than most Tony did for Atlas -

1449012-StrangeTales5s.jpg

1449012-StrangeTales5s.jpg.48e379677cedbc6aec6995950c9d81b2.jpg

Scroogey-poo, we didn't skip STRANGE TALES, but I had very few copies to post. Look around page 83 or so. confused-smiley-013.gif

BEHOLD!!!

STRANGE TALES # 1 hail.gif

Doesn't come up for sale very often. This is the most I have ever paid for a pre-code horror comic. A whopping $375!!!

893whatthe.gif

1126953-strange1.jpg

Edited by precodekeith

UNCANNY #18, nice full panel cover, and contains the noted Hitler & concentration camp panels.

1404148-uncanny18.jpg

Well since I asked to see the panels you mentioned above and got no response sumo.gif

I got myself a copy grin.gif Can anyone decipher what's going on in the panels?

My guess is they are being electrocuted (boxes are electrical devices in the water) not unlike a toaster thrown into a bathtub!

1455160-UncannyTales.jpg

And here is that Hitler sighting!

1455160-UncannyTales%2318Panels.jpg

1455160-UncannyTales.jpg.1958830b071edfacdda70997d545f9bb.jpg