• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Undead Thread: Pre-Code Horror
22 22

Favorite Pre-Code Publisher  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Pre-Code Publisher

10,268 posts in this topic

What you don't understand is that chubby cheeks & freckles scared the 893censored-thumb.gif out of Ditko poke2.gif

Angelo

This is true....Ditko was also terrified of Howdy Doody....a little known fact about the man.

Scott

1868405-thething13.jpg

1868405-thething13.jpg.7d24b7f6a991fdf703a5f1fa241b52c1.jpg

What you don't understand is that chubby cheeks & freckles scared the 893censored-thumb.gif out of Ditko poke2.gif

Angelo

This is true....Ditko was also terrified of Howdy Doody....a little known fact about the man.

Scott

1868405-thething13.jpg

See what I mean! That scares the 893censored-thumb.gif out of me! 893whatthe.gif

Angelo

Angelo

Scott

1868405-thething13.jpg

sign-funnypost.gif

I have quite a few pre code HOM/HOS issues, but I just purchased my first precode book in over two years. I won't post the scan since it's been posted here before. cloud9.gif

What book hi.gif

The book I bought. poke2.gif

I'll tell you what. I'll post once I get rolling. Adamstrange, your books are sick (in a good way). Pure insane.

Hey, they are filming Indiana Jones 4 here in New Haven CT today where I am working...very cool! I'm walking by the set twice a day!

Will there be an Infinite Golden Age Pre-Code Horror Thread coming our way too? grin.gifpoke2.gif

Anyone up for my Ekgren story yet? devil.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif popcorn.gif

Uh yeah, that would be the story. Forgot I had already jawed about it once before. crazy.gif

At least SOMEONE is reading the thread!!! grin.gif

Footnote: I tried to work out a deal with him between either a full color front/back cover, or a b&w interior piece. He wasn't having either w/out mucho $$$. He wouldn't even email me the Dagon (sic) ( wink.gif) thing! Bummer! yeahok.gif

Any info about his granddad that is worth sharing?

I wish!!! He wasn't willing to even answer a few questions once it was understood I couldn't pay to see the unpublished art. frown.gif

Or when issue #5 of HCR is coming out? juggle.gif

I'll do a new cover! poke2.gif

HCR # 5 comes out after you and I team up on that horror mini-series I proposed. grin.gifpoke2.gif

No luck with my LCS guy or the Australian guy? confused-smiley-013.gifsorry.gif

I am super happy about this one. Great looking black cover and Comic Medias are TOUGH to get with nice eye-appeal. It also has the best gloss I have ever seen on a golden age book, hands down.

weirdterror9.jpg

Comic Media did better dripping blood than any other publisher! cloud9.gif

I am super happy about this one. Great looking black cover and Comic Medias are TOUGH to get with nice eye-appeal. It also has the best gloss I have ever seen on a golden age book, hands down.

Andy, is that book from the Kentucky collection? confused-smiley-013.gif

Yep. Did you take a look at it? LOTS of low grade stuff, only a few gems.

Nope, was out of town on vacation. Would have loved to have hooked up with you & Buck to take a gander at the collection & chat over some lunch. Vacation bills & property taxes would have kept me from buying anything, but would have liked to have browsed and talked all the same. Buck says someone swept in and purchased the remainder of the collection a couple days ago. Wow. 893whatthe.gif

Nope, was out of town on vacation. Would have loved to have hooked up with you & Buck to take a gander at the collection & chat over some lunch. Vacation bills & property taxes would have kept me from buying anything, but would have liked to have browsed and talked all the same. Buck says someone swept in and purchased the remainder of the collection a couple days ago. Wow. 893whatthe.gif

Yeah, I think it was Dale Roberts. He even started a thread about it.

There is still stuff left though, so you might want to go over there. Lots of low grade stuff, so right up your alley.