• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Undead Thread: Pre-Code Horror
22 22

Favorite Pre-Code Publisher  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Pre-Code Publisher

10,268 posts in this topic

1777091-Eerie_012.jpg

That's quite a few classic covers and stories, Stronguy! Great stuff! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

I've been searching for a nice copy of all the CHILLING TALES comics for YEARS....well, I get lazy and don't search....LOOK WHAT HAPPENS.......Best deal of the day...I would have paid as much as $400, ,maybe $425 for this beauty....someone (a live floor bidder) won it for $300.....GOOD DEAL.....l41160.jpg

I also like the way it matches colors with the CGC label....blues and whites

1777072-AdventuresIntoTheUnknown_03.jpg

I'm not a big ACG fan but that is one sweet cover. 893applaud-thumb.gif

I've been on an ACG kick recently,myself. Never used to think they were that great, but they really grew on me over the years. Sorta like a boil. insane.gif

BTW- Great books, Stronguy! thumbsup2.gif Must be nice to "dig up" a few like these, eh!? 893applaud-thumb.gif

WOW great price and awesome looking book. Ive always thought that cover had a 1940's animated feel to it....ina creepy way 27_laughing.gif.

Matt Fox did some similar art covers for some pulp magazines as well, if you're interested in tracking down some inexpensive (by comparison) examples. Start with Weird Tales, the only title I'm 100% that he sometimes did work for. thumbsup2.gif

Hi all - new to the board - and, really, comics in general. A couple years ago my dad gave me a few hundred comics he had collected in the 1940's and early 50's and they seem pretty cool. I had them looked at by a dealer who very smoothly offered me a lot of cash for them after individually "grading" each one. I didn't know the first thing about grading, golden age, etc. Fortunately, I passed on his offer and discovered the services of CGC. I've had about 30 slabbed and they have come back graded substantially higher than the dealer had them. I'm still really ticked at the dealer and hope all dealers aren't that slimy, but I do have to say that I've really gotten into the books. They're mostly horror/scifi. Anyhow, if I can figure out how I'll post some of the scans so you can give me your opinions on them.

D