• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Undead Thread: Pre-Code Horror
21 21

Favorite Pre-Code Publisher  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Pre-Code Publisher

10,238 posts in this topic

I need to get a 14. Nice cover. Stories any good.

Buck, where did you pick those up? The Heritage auction a couple of Sundays ago or somewhere else? Sweet books by the way.....really sweet. I love the skeleton hanging limp on the right side of the 20....and the witch in the bottom right lower box. Atlas books are so much fun.

I see where Jay got his today....I'm still waiting for mine. hm

Scott

Yes and below guide. :hi:

Here are 2 pickups for me.

Love cemetery covers.

Mystic14cgc9.jpg

I enjoy the historical context of the Atlas books. Goodman and his boy Stan were always ready to grab onto whatever was currently popular.

Wikipedia:

"[The King and I] opened on Broadway in 1951 and was the fourth hit out of five collaborations for the team of Rogers and Hammerstein."

Jack

The wording on the tombstone most likely says "Memory"

But it almost reads "Here Lies Me Mom!" :o

1839084-WeirdMysteries%2312.jpg

Nice copy you have there, Mr. Jay. (thumbs u

Here's mine to wrap up my WEIRD MYSTERIES copies...

41683-weirdmyst12.jpg.615ae0d30a99c1a1343f07ec09d295a6.jpg

I was the underbidder.

I paid too much, didn't I? :sorry::foryou:

I wouldn't say that. Highest and only graded. Plus it presents really well.

I want nice complete sets of Adventures into Darkness and the Unseen series. So I had it in my sigjhts. I love the covers in both series.

I want nice complete sets of Adventures into Darkness and the Unseen series. So I had it in my sigjhts. I love the covers in both series.

Well worth the hunting! (thumbs u

(and the interior art & stories ain't so bad, neither!) :headbang:

I was the underbidder.

If you think you paid too much, I would gladly relieve you of it. I just trimmed my wantlist down to the 10 I most wanted right now and that Unseen mummy cover is number 9. I love my mummy! Awesome book.

I was the underbidder.

If you think you paid too much, I would gladly relieve you of it. I just trimmed my wantlist down to the 10 I most wanted right now and that Unseen mummy cover is number 9. I love my mummy! Awesome book.

I was really just :baiting: Buck there since he was the underbidder.

What are your other 9 books? hm

btw: Happy Birthday! :banana:

This week's triple-header: Adventures Into Terror 4 (Edgar Church copy); Adventures Into Weird Worlds 25 (Petaluma copy); Spellbound 3 (one of my personal favorites). Enjoy.

ADT004-MH.jpg

ADW025-PET.jpg

SPEL003.jpg

And I've really enjoyed browsing through all 200+ pages of this thread. I get the impression that everyone here really enjoys the genre, regardless of the technical grade of the specimens presented. And that is what "old-school" comic collecting was all about. Thanks!

And I've really enjoyed browsing through all 200+ pages of this thread. I get the impression that everyone here really enjoys the genre, regardless of the technical grade of the specimens presented. And that is what "old-school" comic collecting was all about. Thanks!

I agree that most people here are just after eye-appeal. These can be tough books, they aren't like bronze marvels where a 9.2 is low grade!