• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Undead Thread: Pre-Code Horror
21 21

Favorite Pre-Code Publisher  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Pre-Code Publisher

10,238 posts in this topic

;) Of course I knew, Jay. The reason I persued a copy so hard was because of the scarcity. Just letting out a sigh of relief as I finally have a copy, is all.

I hear ya! If you happen to see an 11 or a 19 floating around (and you don't want 'em ;) ) LMK! (thumbs u

Well I decided to make a list of PCH to track down. I need some focus, I can't have them all... :blush: So with Sterling in mind, I decided to see how close to 10 books I could narrow it down to. No lie, the lowest possible number I got was 88 books! loldoh!

I tried making a list, and kept adding...taking them off, putting them back on. I gave up.

My only criteria now is 1. relative cost and affordability 2. high grade 3. I like it

I WILL be purchasing a Black Cat #50 highest grade in census. Eventually.

:acclaim:

I see more Elias and Heck covers in my future. I'm noticing an immediate trend to Harvey books, so I'm kinda going there for now...of course availability/price is a factor (ther's quite a few out there that I would purchase if the price becomes more reasonable). Like Matthew I will be get a reader's copy of a 'dog cover" book that is truly twisted for my reading pleasure from time to time.

It's getting weird for me now...I've been in bronze age horror (BAH) for 5+ years, and now I'm reading a Modern title (Walking Dead) and collecting PCH.

Well I decided to make a list of PCH to track down. I need some focus, I can't have them all... :blush: So with Sterling in mind, I decided to see how close to 10 books I could narrow it down to. No lie, the lowest possible number I got was 88 books! loldoh!

I tried making a list, and kept adding...taking them off, putting them back on. I gave up.

My only criteria now is 1. relative cost and affordability 2. high grade 3. I like it

I WILL be purchasing a Black Cat #50 highest grade in census. Eventually.

:acclaim:

I see more Elias and Heck covers in my future. I'm noticing an immediate trend to Harvey books, so I'm kinda going there for now...of course availability/price is a factor (ther's quite a few out there that I would purchase if the price becomes more reasonable). Like Matthew I will be get a reader's copy of a 'dog cover" book that is truly twisted for my reading pleasure from time to time.

It's getting weird for me now...I've been in bronze age horror (BAH) for 5+ years, and now I'm reading a Modern title (Walking Dead) and collecting PCH.

I was into SA and BA, and now I'm into pch. It's a natural progression...kinda.

Angelo

Angelo

Is this the final stop/resting place? (shrug)

Angelo

Is this the final stop/resting place?

Until I find something else to collect :grin:

Angelo

Is this the final stop/resting place? (shrug)

Not for me. I originally was interested in PCH books to see for myself what made them so bad that they had to pass a Comics Code. But as terribly gruesome as some of these horror books are, I've come to notice that some of the Crime books go WAY over the top such as this scene :o :

689727-uw3panel.jpg

The arching "Crack" sound effect is what kills me. :o

Trust me, it's what killed the kid too! :kidaround:

I think it should have had more of that knife-in -a-watermellon sound though: SHHUUNKKK! hm

I recall a comic collecting sage saying that it would be hard to limit a collection to just the few books on your list as there would be many others that were just as good.

Now if I could only remember who that was... hm

Good luck with your pch collecting. It sounds like you're fully infected with the virus. :foryou:

The arching "Crack" sound effect is what kills me. :o

Trust me, it's what killed the kid too! :kidaround:

doh!lol

You should read the rest of the story and to see how she dispatched husbands one through four. (thumbs u

Edited by adamstrange

The panel comes from Underworld #3 (D.S.) for those who may be wondering - it used to be cheap and easy to find on Ebay in low grade - hopefully it still is. All of the first three issues are pretty violent - but that panel takes the cake.