• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Undead Thread: Pre-Code Horror
21 21

Favorite Pre-Code Publisher  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Pre-Code Publisher

10,238 posts in this topic

Hi guys. I'm new tonight. Thought I'd reply to the Dime Mystery/Super-Mystery thread. I have the pulp in my collection - it is indeed very hard to find; in 9 years on Ebay I have seen 3 copies for sale; a few weeks back a decent copy went for $280. I had and, alas, sold, the Super Mystery years ago. Although I am sooo lame/late to be joining this forum after all these years it's been here, it's nice to see horror-ible guys out their sharing the passion.

Welcome to the Boards. There are alot of freaks in this thread.....so tread lightly. :insane:

Can't wait to see what you've got.....get to posting!

here's one of my favorites. Our Flag #5. a superhero book of course, but with one of the earlier 'horror' covers. this is the cgc VG copy, the only one they've graded so far. i have not been able to locate another. anybody know of one? (this is my first time adding a pic, so i hope it works.)

80888.jpg.ef9f7a771645530545d043b8ad19fc76.jpg

here's another of my favorites...got this from a friend last yr who sold off his books.

80891.jpg

Both great books!

On this one I always thought the guy in the middle sort of looks like the Hulk.

And that might be the Goon behind him!

i think i probably paid less than it'd go for on ebay....who knows. but we all have books that once we get, it would take extenuating circumstances to get us to part with, right? so in that sense, for me just getting it was enough.

here's one of my favorites. Our Flag #5. a superhero book of course, but with one of the earlier 'horror' covers. this is the cgc VG copy, the only one they've graded so far. i have not been able to locate another. anybody know of one? (this is my first time adding a pic, so i hope it works.)

:applause:

Awesome!! I can't wait to see more! :insane:

you know, i worship at the altar of Bernard Baily, but if Atlas didn't have the annoying 'preview' blocks on the left side of their covers, some of Everett's Atlas horror covers would rank with any ever done...like the Venus covers do of course...

80934.jpg.765a25599d96672db119bdb16a7dd5de.jpg