• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Undead Thread: Pre-Code Horror
21 21

Favorite Pre-Code Publisher  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Pre-Code Publisher

10,235 posts in this topic

The splash page from Strange Mysteries # 2, for the "Haunted Hand" story made the cover to the sister book, Mysteries Weird and Strange # 10...neat.

Also, of note is the cover date of NOV 1954 for the MW&S # 10, November 1954, very late in the pre-code years.

BTW...does anybody know the last MONTH-YEAR of the very last pre-code horror comics ?

Maybe early 1955 ?

I noticed the last issue of Strange Mysteries was # 21, dated January 1955.

78544.jpg

1000_4_10.jpg

That's very cool. I like how hey gave her a bikini top! :banana:

Most excellent Ditko, realitytrip! :headbang:

Some more Ditko Thing awesomesauce.....

thing11.jpg

thing14.jpg

:cloud9:

Nice books! That #12 is a tought one to find!

Here's some panels from my favorite story from #14, very bizzare! :cloud9:

1887427-Doom.jpg

Nice books! That #12 is a tought one to find!

Here's some panels from my favorite story from #14, very bizzare! :cloud9:

1887427-Doom.jpg

Yeah thanks for the interior scans...no way I can do those without damaging my books with my current scanner. The 12 is very tough to find. I haven't been looking for a few years, but I only saw two in person over several years of searching. One I own, the other was VF and the owner wanted crazy money for it....

There are a couple people here on the boards who own a copy.

Here's mine, low grade but loved! :cloud9:

btw: I don't scan the interior pages, just take digital pics. (thumbs u

78626.jpg.a10119c7e50ed44d567353a33b430235.jpg

Posted in 'please grade my' but here they be! My new friends... I had copies of these already, but two are upgrades and the #9 is my favourite comic of all time - the Carrior Death story is one of the best, and the preceding page has nice acid in the face/melting face panels! Yummy!

shoc8.jpg

shoc12.jpg

shoc9.jpg

as awesome as that book is, I really wish I had a comics war chest right now, because this bad boy is going on sale at Clink's next auction

(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)

RAD1F47E2009417_19143.jpg

I have an 8.5 ow/w copy of this book......and never thought that mine would look like a piece of krap.....until now. My god.....that is gorgeous. One of my top ten pre-code books. Wish I could swing a run at this copy....but it is not going to happen. Be prepared to pay for this book, whoever gets it.

GEEZ LOUWEEZE........

WOW....I love the absence of anything in the WHITE of the LOGO. What a PRISTINE copy.

I also love where Ditko signed the cover.

The Northford copy.

Northford, wasn't that the almost all-horror pedigree ? I think Metropolis found that one.

I don't know, I gotta look it up.

GEEZ LOUWEEZE........

WOW....I love the absence of anything in the WHITE of the LOGO. What a PRISTINE copy.

I also love where Ditko signed the cover.

The Northford copy.

Northford, wasn't that the almost all-horror pedigree ? I think Metropolis found that one.

I don't know, I gotta look it up.

The Northford Ped was discovered by Metro. Vincent has alot of my money from the Northfords I have bought from him. :shy: The ped contains some of the nicest copies of alot of the sweet pre-code horror books. Page quality is decent on them too.

I hear a lot of them never even made it to their site.My buddy got one of the Charltons...looked like a brand new book.I was blown away....a Ditko cover with this cool ornate box on the cover.Can't remember the exact issue. They had distributor ink so they were once on the stand...amazing they survived in that condition.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

That be the one....I bet Vinnie went into a brief coma when he first saw that collection all at once. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Anyone here bid on the CGC 6.5 Venus #18 on ebay that just closed? Wow. I sold it for $700 on the boards here and it went for $875!! That's a little nutty. I knew those Venus 17-19 were tough but wow.