• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Undead Thread: Pre-Code Horror
21 21

Favorite Pre-Code Publisher  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Pre-Code Publisher

10,235 posts in this topic

Mine's pretty low grade, but at least it's off my "want list".

Now it's on my "up-grade list". lol

WeirdMysteries4tag.jpg

WeirdMysteries4.jpg

I'd buy any copy of this book in any grade unless the price was doh! . I have had a few and cherished every one. Yours certainly looks solid for the grade, and by the way I have submitted a LOT of PGX books to CGC and gotten an upgrade on the page quality. Thanks for sharing yours.

Edited by mrmyst

In a grade like that it certainly is among the rarest! And a double cover (worship)

Lou Morales's cover for #11 - the severed tongue cover - is more famous than this #12. But this one is pretty disturbing. I am trying to upgrade this one. No luck yet. There are 3 CGC certified, with one 9.2 and one 8.0. Wondering if anyone has a nicer one than this 4.0

134173.jpg.d3242e7554929623a1cfee7e7bb733ad.jpg

Way back in 1997 :o a buddy and I put together an article for the old CBM. We had a blast doing it. At the time we were rabidly looking for books that, at the time, never seemed to turn up at cons. This was before Ebay, and before on-line auctions. Basically we ran up huge phone bills trying to hunt down the books we cherished. Gary Carter, publisher of CBM, asked us to include what we thought were market values for the books. The values we chose were eye-opening to many. But, we had found that in order to get these books (the ones we focused the article on) took digging deep into our pockets in many cases.

134174.jpg.238b4d07c77ad44a9a97e0868c05b732.jpg

134175.jpg.fd1e71ec1e8d57cc38757c7f0cd4137b.jpg

134176.jpg.ecbb6e45ce718862af025156da61836b.jpg

Our Top Ten for the article were:

1. Weird Mysteries #5

2. Weird Mysteries #4

3. Weird Tales of the Future #3

4. Weird Tales of the Future #7

5. Weird Chills #1

6. Weird Mysteries #2

7. Black Cat #50

8. Tomb of Terror #15

9. Mr. Mystery #12

10. Mr. Mystery #7

Honorable Mention:

WTOF #8, Out of the Shadows #8, Horrific #3, Beware (Trojan) #10, Eerie #1, and Thing #12.

Lou Morales's cover for #11 - the severed tongue cover - is more famous than this #12. But this one is pretty disturbing. I am trying to upgrade this one. No luck yet. There are 3 CGC certified, with one 9.2 and one 8.0. Wondering if anyone has a nicer one than this 4.0

I just posted my 9.2 over in the other PC thread.

I just posted my 9.2 over in the other PC thread.

(worship)

1. Weird Mysteries #5

2. Weird Mysteries #4

5. Weird Chills #1

6. Weird Mysteries #2

7. Black Cat #50

8. Tomb of Terror #15

9. Mr. Mystery #12

10. Mr. Mystery #7

Honorable Mention:

WTOF #8, Out of the Shadows #8, Horrific #3, Beware (Trojan) #10, Eerie #1, and Thing #12.

Not much I'd disagree with regarding that list. The article in CBM 46 was hugely influential in terms of my collecting habits back in ' 97 (and ever since) - I learnt a great deal from it.

1. Weird Mysteries #5

2. Weird Mysteries #4

5. Weird Chills #1

6. Weird Mysteries #2

7. Black Cat #50

8. Tomb of Terror #15

9. Mr. Mystery #12

10. Mr. Mystery #7

Honorable Mention:

Not much I'd disagree with regarding that list. The article in CBM 46 was hugely influential in terms of my collecting habits back in ' 97 (and ever since) - I learnt a great deal from it.

I, for one, dearly miss CBM when Gary was publishing it.

WeirdMysteries4tag.jpg

WeirdMysteries4.jpg

I'd buy any copy of this book in any grade unless the price was doh! . I have had a few and cherished every one. Yours certainly looks solid for the grade, and by the way I have submitted a LOT of PGX books to CGC and gotten an upgrade on the page quality. Thanks for sharing yours.

I accept your challenge! :)

Would you buy this?

WeirdMyst4.jpg

004-1.jpg

005-1.jpg

006-1.jpg

1. Weird Mysteries #5

2. Weird Mysteries #4

5. Weird Chills #1

6. Weird Mysteries #2

7. Black Cat #50

8. Tomb of Terror #15

9. Mr. Mystery #12

10. Mr. Mystery #7

Honorable Mention:

I, for one, dearly miss CBM when Gary was publishing it.

Ditto, definitely.

WeirdMysteries4tag.jpg

WeirdMysteries4.jpg

I accept your challenge! :)

Would you buy this?

WeirdMyst4.jpg

004-1.jpg

005-1.jpg

006-1.jpg

:o:o

WeirdMysteries4tag.jpg

WeirdMysteries4.jpg

I agree with Jon, looks very nice for a 3.0... great book!

Way back in 1997 :o a buddy and I put together an article for the old CBM. We had a blast doing it. At the time we were rabidly looking for books that, at the time, never seemed to turn up at cons. This was before Ebay, and before on-line auctions. Basically we ran up huge phone bills trying to hunt down the books we cherished. Gary Carter, publisher of CBM, asked us to include what we thought were market values for the books. The values we chose were eye-opening to many. But, we had found that in order to get these books (the ones we focused the article on) took digging deep into our pockets in many cases.

Cool article...

Here's my WTOF 7 and MM 12... I know I had to dig pretty deep into my pockets for them...

EB953337-0671-48AE-B05A-647E45DA16B8-1014-00000087350AAACE.jpg

mm12ebaycgc4_0good_zpsc62b0d13.jpg

Edited by Twistty1