• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Undead Thread: Pre-Code Horror
21 21

Favorite Pre-Code Publisher  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Pre-Code Publisher

10,235 posts in this topic

Hey how come this post doesn't seem as popular a the recent purchase pre code thread... ???? would love to see some of the best copies from this era posted here.

We're all curled up in the fetal position after seeing your books.

curious what the price of the Beware 10 is. I know you would never sell it, but I wonder what is the value of such a rare book in that grade?

20K?

If it came to market and was on heritage, would it go beyond 20k? The highest graded known copy? I think very likely beyond 20k

curious what the price of the Beware 10 is. I know you would never sell it, but I wonder what is the value of such a rare book in that grade?

20K?

If it came to market and was on heritage, would it go beyond 20k? The highest graded known copy? I think very likely beyond 20k

Not even close.

20K?

Not even close.

So you are saying my 20k estimate is lofty?

What do you think?

8.0 cgc copy sold for 1k in 2007

You are probably right.

20K?

I remember a couple of years ago there was a copy just sitting on Metropolis's site. Asking price was $1000. It sat there for the longest time and I debated picking it up. Then one day, lo and behold it was gone! I wonder if this was that same copy?

20K?

I remember a couple of years ago there was a copy just sitting on Metropolis's site. Asking price was $1000. It sat there for the longest time and I debated picking it up. Then one day, lo and behold it was gone! I wonder if this was that same copy?

I remember that one...didn't they have it graded VF? Woulda/coulda/shoulda.

20K?

Not even close.

What do you think?

You are probably right.

High grade classic cover PCH has had some amazing prices realized lately, and I don't doubt the 8.0 would sell easily for 3 -4 times that now, but I never got the impression that PCH collectors were like Silver/Bronze collectors, paying big multiples for highest graded copies. I'd be surprised to see any 9.2 PCH book reach anywhere near 20K - but 10K? It's just a matter of time if it hasn't happened already,

20K?

Not even close.

What do you think?

You are probably right.

High grade classic cover PCH has had some amazing prices realized lately, and I don't doubt the 8.0 would sell easily for 3 -4 times that now, but I never got the impression that PCH collectors were like Silver/Bronze collectors, paying big multiples for highest graded copies. I'd be surprised to see any 9.2 PCH book reach anywhere near 20K - but 10K? It's just a matter of time if it hasn't happened already,

I am thinking the Beware 10 has the same desireability as the Weird Mysteries 5 "brain" cover for example. In Aug 2012 a 6.5 sold for $6760. Is it that much of a stretch to consider a 9.2 Beware 10 highest graded/ known copy to see 15-20k?.

It is interesting to speculate.