• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Undead Thread: Pre-Code Horror
21 21

Favorite Pre-Code Publisher  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Pre-Code Publisher

10,236 posts in this topic

Heya folks! I've been a longtime browser of this board but finally decided to create an account (Hi!) so that I could share a little 30 second precode horror video that I hope some of you will dig.

Welcome to the Boards! :hi:

That is wicked good on every level! (worship)

Heya folks! I've been a longtime browser of this board but finally decided to create an account (Hi!) so that I could share a little 30 second precode horror video that I hope some of you will dig.It's an an imaginary ad that I made using Rocco "Rocke" Mastroserio's cool cover for issue #8 of Standard Comics "Adventures into Darkness" series.

"Adventures Into Darkness" 30 Second Spot (Issue #8, Feb 1953) from Jason Willis on Vimeo.

Okay, that's it! Hopefully this was an okay thread to share it on and all of that stuff -- Happy Halloween!
Welcome to the boards. :headbang:

Thanks, all! Very glad you liked it! Very cool.Heh, in the spirit of TOTALY OVERSHARING, here's a much cruder animation that I made a few years ago (it's sorta done in the style of the '66 Gantry Lawrence "Marvel Superheroes" cartons, which I really love).It basically marries a whole bunch of Eerie Publications covers w/ the crappiest horror record I own, which I ordered out of a comic book from the Johnson Smith Novelty Company when I was about 8 or so.

The Cast of Eerie Publications perform the Johnson-Smith Novelty Company "Horror Record" from Jason Willis on Vimeo.

(There's a slightly earlier version that I've posted up on YouTube as well, just in case Vimeo loads too slowly for anybody -- I know it can be a little more data intensive).

Thanks, all! Very glad you liked it! Very cool.Heh, in the spirit of TOTALY OVERSHARING, here's a much cruder animation that I made a few years ago (it's sorta done in the style of the '66 Gantry Lawrence "Marvel Superheroes" cartons, which I really love).It basically marries a whole bunch of Eerie Publications covers w/ the crappiest horror record I own, which I ordered out of a comic book from the Johnson Smith Novelty Company when I was about 8 or so.

The Cast of Eerie Publications perform the Johnson-Smith Novelty Company "Horror Record" from Jason Willis on Vimeo.

(There's a slightly earlier version that I've posted up on YouTube as well, just in case Vimeo loads too slowly for anybody -- I know it can be a little more data intensive).
:golfclap::golfclap::golfclap:

Heya folks! I've been a longtime browser of this board but finally decided to create an account (Hi!) so that I could share a little 30 second precode horror video that I hope some of you will dig.It's an an imaginary ad that I made using Rocco "Rocke" Mastroserio's cool cover for issue #8 of Standard Comics "Adventures into Darkness" series.

"Adventures Into Darkness" 30 Second Spot (Issue #8, Feb 1953) from Jason Willis on Vimeo.

Okay, that's it! Hopefully this was an okay thread to share it on and all of that stuff -- Happy Halloween!
Very cool WTTB