• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Undead Thread: Pre-Code Horror
21 21

Favorite Pre-Code Publisher  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Pre-Code Publisher

10,238 posts in this topic

I love the skull cufflink on the 19
I never noticed that -- cool little detail.

Harvey horror was a bit inconsistent but Kremer and Elias drew some great covers!

So I showed up about 6 years ago with a bunch of my dad's old books, many of them PCH. I didn't know much about comics at the time but I did my homework. After researching I had many of them slabbed and sold off quite a few of them. Then a funny thing happened. I started checking the boards for books that were for sale rather than books that were being bought. So I started picking up a few books. Here and there...the boards, eBay, Heritage, CLink, etc. Anyhow, clearly inflow is exceeding outflow at this point. My biggest problem is I don't get to see them often as my wife isn't exactly begging for horror books to be posted around her house, and I'm not sure where to put them all. As of now, storage is in my oldest son's closet - and going into a 13 year old's room to pull out your Weird Chills #1 doesn't go over so well.

In any case, I figure since I started here I may as well post what I've picked up over the years. I don't think it will be anything you all haven't seen before, but always fun nonetheless. The only caveat is that my lame scanner won't take slabs so some of the best ones will just have to wait. Apologies. Oh, and to all of you who bought some of those badazz books a few years ago, I'm not bitter. If it hadn't been for that experience I never would have discovered this whole genre in the first place.

Here's a few in no particular order...I'll post more over the next few days as I get some more time.

This one's a beater but awesome.

291fbd91-ae0f-4304-a628-3461328b34ca.jpg

Think I cut off the top of this in the scan

CrimeSS20.jpg

Early The Thing!

TheThing3.jpg

Great story!!! Welcome to the Boards as a collector. :hi:

Those are some classic horror covers. Looking forward to more posts. :popcorn:

and going into a 13 year old's room to pull out your Weird Chills #1 doesn't go over so well.
lol

The only caveat is that my lame scanner won't take slabs
Camera pictures are a perfectly acceptable alternative. (thumbs u