• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Clink starts tonight. Anyone else excited?

218 posts in this topic

did you win it?

cause it is awesome , so if you did :applause:

no, I had been thinking of offering that to the rep for it earlier & got sidetracked last night. prolly should have committed & gone for it. I think it's the best splash of the series, besides some DPSes.

the rep's prices seemed a bit high at the time but I guess the market has caught up. I was just curious, since like I said I love JRjr's work & would love to get some.

any thoughts on this awesome Romita Jr Hulk splash from World War Hulk?

it had been sitting on his rep's site for years for $4,000 but sold for last night at $3,600.

I love JRjr & have been wanting to pick up a piece, but don't follow the market. was this good?

http://comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fsearch%2Easp%3FFocusedOnly%3D1%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3Dhulk%26ItemType%3DCA%23Item_1135469&id=1135469

RADA9DB12016729_151653.jpg

I thought $3600 was somewhat surprising given what, to my knowledge, other WWH splashes have sold for the last few years but I guess this was viewed as an A+ piece and so commanded that much more.

Hopefully, you're not going after the Kirby Black Panther cover, which has already tripped the reserve and is currently at $32.5K

Had my eye on it but moved on when it reached $25K.

However a couple of pieces i am trying to win have had some bids with still 2 hours to go which i wasnt expecting. Still there is no way i am going to be sniped this time and have some big last second bids which is going to shock the current high bidders.

How did it turn out?

Hey everyone,

Is the winner of the following auction for the Swamp Thing #19 Pg 8 auction that ended on Comic Link last night here on this forum?

Here's the auction:

http://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/item.asp?back=%2FComicTrack%2FAuctions%2Fauctions%5Ffirst%2Easp&id=1136979

If you are, could you please contact me?

inkmachine@gmail.com

Thanks!

Jason

If it was sitting on a dealer's site for years at 4k, and the auction finished at $3600, the buyer overpaid. Depending on the dealer, I bet an offer of $2500-$3000 could have gotten it done depending on the timing and diligence of the negotiation. Of course this is just my opinion, but I really think that :insane:

it had been sitting on his rep's site for years for $4,000 but sold for last night at $3,600.

I love JRjr & have been wanting to pick up a piece, but don't follow the market. was this good?

http://comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fsearch%2Easp%3FFocusedOnly%3D1%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3Dhulk%26ItemType%3DCA%23Item_1135469&id=1135469

I thought $3600 was somewhat surprising given what, to my knowledge, other WWH splashes have sold for the last few years but I guess this was viewed as an A+ piece and so commanded that much more.

I totally agree. I'm generally pretty good at "guess the price", but I was way off on quite a few.

Seemed to be kind of a weird auction to me. A fair amount of average pieces finished well above what I thought they would and quite a few really nice pieces finished below where I thought they would be. If I played guess the price before the auction I would of got slaughtered.

If it was sitting on a dealer's site for years at 4k, and the auction finished at $3600, the buyer overpaid. Depending on the dealer, I bet an offer of $2500-$3000 could have gotten it done depending on the timing and diligence of the negotiation. Of course this is just my opinion, but I really think that :insane:

It wasn't on a dealer's site. It was on a rep's site. Romita Jr.'s rep's site. So it was Romita Jr.'s price. I don't know if the same negotiation tactics apply.

Also, WW Hulk is a property of greatly renewed interest. I wouldn't simply apply the math of price and time equaling over-value.

I only won three this time. I bid on about 30 lots near the end. This auction seemed modern heavy to me, and that's what I go for, so I tried on quite a few. I got owned on all but these three.

#1) Captain Marvel #13 cover/ I am (probably) one of the few that liked this Captain Marvel series. I like Peter David's writing, so his Captain Marvel was enjoyable for me. This was way too cheap not to bid.

FSikjR.jpg

#2) Campbell+Archie+panel with a lil' Freefall Fairy= Yeah. Had to.

8jkxOl.jpg

#3) The big one for me this time. I've been gathering Civil War pages this year. Could not resist this DPS. To me this is going to be one of those mini series like Secret Wars or Crisis that will never really leave people's thoughts. This is now my best representative from the series. Tons of characters, and I might even frame this one! (I have way too many awesome things just sitting in portfolios)

kMeSdx.jpg

My lowest $ spent all year. I can't decide if I was just being cheap, or my tastes were in line with some new bidders that were throwing down heavy bids on stuff that they don't have any example of. I know I go way heavier on stuff when I don't have a piece of it already. I guess a lot of us are like that. Regardless, I'm happy with just these three. Prices on Modern stuff continues to gain.

It wasn't on a dealer's site. It was on a rep's site. Romita Jr.'s rep's site. So it was Romita Jr.'s price. I don't know if the same negotiation tactics apply.

Also, WW Hulk is a property of greatly renewed interest. I wouldn't simply apply the math of price and time equaling over-value.

agreed. also agreed it's A+.

this DPS sold from a dealer about 6 weeks ago for $1,700

UuMgtOXv_2807161446181sbpi.jpeg

If it was on Spencer's site, I cannot see him (or JR JR) agreeing to $2500-$3000 on a WWH piece that he had listed for $4000. He would just let it continue to sit rather than discount it that much.

it was (and still IS :) on Spencer's site, but when I searched on CAF I saw that it was someone else selling it. (Spencer's site ahem isn't updated frequently).

who know's what it sold from Spencer, agreed it doesn't seem likely to have been discounted. guess the seller took a slight bath.

If it was on Spencer's site, I cannot see him (or JR JR) agreeing to $2500-$3000 on a WWH piece that he had listed for $4000. He would just let it continue to sit rather than discount it that much.

it was (and still IS :) on Spencer's site, but when I searched on CAF I saw that it was someone else selling it. (Spencer's site ahem isn't updated frequently).

who know's what it sold from Spencer, agreed it doesn't seem likely to have been discounted. guess the seller took a slight bath.

Who knows what it sold for, tho, since like you said the site isn't updated that frequently. The seller could've easily picked it up during one of the sales, and made a slight profit or at least broke even.

Who knows what it sold for, tho, since like you said the site isn't updated that frequently. The seller could've easily picked it up during one of the sales, and made a slight profit or at least broke even.

Romita Jr. doesn't participate in those annual sales. I know, I've been hoping he would.

I only won three this time. I bid on about 30 lots near the end. This auction seemed modern heavy to me, and that's what I go for, so I tried on quite a few. I got owned on all but these three.

#1) Captain Marvel #13 cover/ I am (probably) one of the few that liked this Captain Marvel series. I like Peter David's writing, so his Captain Marvel was enjoyable for me. This was way too cheap not to bid.

FSikjR.jpg

Congrats on winning that cover. I was the underbidder, but perfectly content with my bid. I liked that series too and in fact loved that particular issue, I thought it was hilarious, and I have several interior pages (that I overpaid for). If that cover wasn't a stock cover and was actually related to the content of the issue, I would have bid more, but as I said, content with my bid (where I lost on this time and many others, but won the one I really wanted for less than half my max)

Malvin

Romita Jr. doesn't participate in those annual sales. I know, I've been hoping he would.

Ahh. So the seller probably took a loss.

Shame. It's an awesome piece.

I think last time there was a 10% discount on JRJR's pages (other than Cap'n America maybe?), just after the page I was eyeing for a couple of years not only sold, but was actually gone from Spencer's website as well. :o

FSikjR.jpg

I loved the Cap Marvel series, and loved ChrisCross' pencils on it! Too bad he did not do that much after that, such an underrated artist, IMHO. This cover is the best enjoyment-to-cost ratio in my collection:

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=222495

Congratulation to the buyer (and great pick-up on the Civil War DPS, too)

Congrats on winning that cover. I was the underbidder, but perfectly content with my bid. I liked that series too and in fact loved that particular issue, I thought it was hilarious, and I have several interior pages (that I overpaid for). If that cover wasn't a stock cover and was actually related to the content of the issue, I would have bid more, but as I said, content with my bid (where I lost on this time and many others, but won the one I really wanted for less than half my max)

Malvin